Big Data Manager
Accenture, Ontario - Toronto, Canada
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Big Data Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 384,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Business and Systems Integration professionals analyze, design and/or develop best practice business changes through technology solutions.
Data and Analytics professionals define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information from one or more sources, and the subsequent delivery of information to audiences in support of key business processes.
Data Integration professionals develop deep Data Integration skills to support Accenture's data and analytics agendas, including skills such as ETL, Informatics, and data migration.
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
- Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
- Has some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
- Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with Kafka, Storm, Spark Streaming, Sqoop, or Flume; 3-5 years of experience in Data & Analytics/Big Data
- Minimum 5 years in Big Data Architecture
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with authentication security protocols (Kerberos, Knox or Ranger)
- Minimum 5 years of Java, Python, MapReduce, Pig programming, SQL, Scala, and/or C++ Expertise in Linux/UNIX, HDFS, shell scripting, and HDFS architecture/cluster concepts Minimum 5 years implementing relational data models • Minimum 3 years understanding of traditional ETL tools
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
- Math or Engineering Background
- Full life cycle Development
- Able to Architect solutions
- Experience with data warehousing concepts and their integration with distributed systems Industry experience (financial services, resources, healthcare, government, products, communications, high tech)
- Data Science skillsets (machine learning, analytical models, R, MAHOUT, etc.)
- Data Visualization (Tableau, Qlikview, Matplotlib, R)
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in large scale information systems environments
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Work where you’re inspired to explore your passions, where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine. And get the tools you need to keep learning and growing so you stay continually ahead of the game while making a difference in the world. With approximately 442,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Be a Better Accenture Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Accenture when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Accenture? Visit Accenture's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Software Engineer (Contract to hire)
Rally, New York, NY
Software Engineer Full-Stack Java
Ingenu, San Diego
Backend Software Engineer (m/f)
Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
Mattermost, Waterloo, ON
Lead Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Sr. Program Manager
PlayStation, San Diego, CA