Industry X - SAP PLM Senior Manager
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
This individual is responsible for leveraging SAP R&D/Engineering solutions to enable clients’ future-state business capabilities, which can enable or alter business processes or practices that, in turn, drive clients’ targeted business outcomes.
This individual must be capable of practically applying existing, new, and emerging SAP PLM solutions to new and evolving business and operating models. Conversely, they must be able to understand, monetize and operationalize new digital technologies for R&D and Engineering operations.
This individual is responsible for facilitating the construction of business models, which may include business capabilities, functions and processes and organization design, as well as working collaboratively with business strategists, process owners and subject matter experts.
The role focuses on business strategy and targeted business outcomes — clarifying strategic intentions; identifying business outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing stakeholder key questions.
Scope of Activities
• Researching and providing information on the key industry challenges and trends and presenting an impetus for change in industry context.
• Seeking ways to apply new technology to, and reusing existing technology for, end to end R&D and Engineering business processes.
• Facilitating development of assets and solution frameworks that combine knowledge of the R&D and Engineering business processes and issues, technology trends and digital priorities.
• Analyzing clients’ strategy, operating vision, business imperatives and capabilities.
• Identifying key value drivers and demonstrating how digital transformation of R&D and Engineering can enable key enterprise imperatives.
• Defining use cases and associated reference solution architectures for digital R&D and Engineering operations, and exploring them within client conversations.
• Collaborating with client stakeholders to identify and prioritize value opportunities and develop digital R&D and Engineering transformation roadmaps.
• Developing the business case, solution architecture, and implementation roadmap for clients’ transformation journeys.
• Providing strategic consultation to clients in defining or designing business capabilities, processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing, selling and enabling technologies based on business and end-user requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Bachelors degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing or related Engineering degree) preferred.
- Minimum of 15 year experience in SAP PLM
- In-depth experience with R&D and Engineering transformation and process redesign methods in Process Industries.
- Knowledge of existing, new and emerging digital technologies and being able to practically apply them to R&D and Engineering operations.
- Knowledge in all aspects of designing and constructing end to end R&D and Engineering business processes, functions and organizational structures.
- Ability to create original concepts and theories for improving growth and efficiency through digital R&D and Engineering transformation.
- Ability to demonstrate and architect SAP's digital business framework for R&D and Engineering including SAP S/4HANA, Cloud, and Leonardo solutions for Innovation Management, Portfolio and Project management, Product Lifecycle Costing, Enterprise Product Formulation, Product Compliance, and SAP Model Company for R&D/Engineering and Sustainability.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Work where you’re inspired to explore your passions, where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine. And get the tools you need to keep learning and growing so you stay continually ahead of the game while making a difference in the world. With approximately 442,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Be a Better Accenture Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Accenture when you watch classes taught by their top employees.