Senior Data Scientist/Consultant - Risk Analytics
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance or other quantitative discipline. An Advanced Degree in one or more of these disciplines is highly desirable
- Minimum 3 years of experience with:
- Credit, market, liquidity and/or operational risk analytics (e.g., model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, model documentation, model validation, model governance, model implementation, integration and automation, etc.)
- Retail, commercial, and/or Capital Markets portfolios, including commercial lending, asset-based lending, treasury services and investment banking. Exposure to insurance, wholesale/retail lending, deposits, etc. desirable
- Risk regulatory trends, principles, and practices (e.g., CCAR, DFAST, Internal Capital Reporting, Capital Planning, Risk Weighted Assets, CECL, etc.), including any combination of the following: back testing, stress testing, sensitivity testing, benchmarking, capital calculations, reporting standards, etc.
- Hands-on experience with SAS Python or R. Exposure and/or proficiency to other analytical tools such as SQL, C++, VBA, Murex, Calypso, Numerix, etc., desirable
- Model development/quantitative skills should include any combination of the following: multivariate regression models, transition matrices, stochastic processes, econometric models, neural networks, Monte Carlo, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with credit/market risk type models (e.g., CVA, ALLL, PD/LGD, Roll Rate, VAR, SVAR, etc.)
- Experience within the model risk or model development team of a universal bank, wholesale bank or rating agency
- Data management experience (e.g., extracting, aggregating and structuring large volumes of data, etc.) in the context of analytics
- Strong understanding of front and back office operations desirable
- Minimum 2 years of prior Management Consulting experience focused on Risk Analytics in the Financial Services industry (e.g., Banking, Capital Markets and/or Insurance)
- Solid project management experience (e.g., defining scope, setting project timelines and milestone, driving deliverables, identifying risks, managing issues, and client relationship management)
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with clients, lead key requirement workshops, document and understand requirements
- Experience eliciting high-level business requirements and creating detailed functional specs and other documentation, such as requirement traceability matrices, work-flow diagrams and use-cases
- Experience working through organizational change, with a demonstrated track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity and innovation, including evidence of solution design
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
- Demonstrated ability to identify the root causes of issues by analyzing patterns and trends
- Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, and demanding team-oriented environment
- A strong desire and ability to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
- A strong desire to deliver to a high standard
- Results-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Work where you’re inspired to explore your passions, where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine. And get the tools you need to keep learning and growing so you stay continually ahead of the game while making a difference in the world. With approximately 442,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Be a Better Accenture Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Accenture when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Accenture? Visit Accenture's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Analyst
Red Ventures, New York, NY
Senior Sales Manager, Pivotal Data
Pivotal Software, Tokyo
Private Equity Research Analyst
StepStone, New York
Senior Data Engineer, Analytics
Mapbox, San Francisco
Tableau Server Administrator (m/f)
Principal Technical Research Analyst
Flashpoint, New York, NY, Remote, or Tysons, VA