- Strong cooperative/teamwork mentality
- Attention to detail and stringent note-taking skills
- Hand dexterity
- Accountability and honesty
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, namely Excel
- Willingness to learn (training to be provided)
- US Citizenship
- Basic lab experience (operation with microscopes, personal protective equipment protocols, general lab safety)
- Interest in science, technology, engineering, and aerospace (no formal degree required, but background knowledge appreciated)
- Space is cool! New startup companies working on space technology have reinvigorated excitement for outer space. You can join one of Boston’s few space companies working on technology that will be launched into orbit. Our team is comprised of highly motivated employees who are leading experts in the space industry, revolutionizing in-space propulsion.
- Startup Environment: Working at a startup means you get to contribute to the company’s big picture goals. Every employee at Accion works on critical projects from start to finish that directly impact our company’s progress.
- Breakfast every Monday, Lunch every Wednesday, Monthly Birthday Lunches, New Employee Lunches (Basically, you’ll be fed!)
- Kitchen is always fully stocked with snacks and drinks
- Regular social hour, team building events and industry networking events, social groups (Women of Accion, R&D Journal Club, Book Club, Foodie Group, Bike Club)
- Open office setup with plenty of breakout spaces to fly solo
- State of the art lab facility
- Free parking and shuttle to Sullivan and South Station
- On site gym, cafeteria, cafe, lounge, rooftop garden, harbor walk, softball field, corn-hole, ping pong table
- Steps away from historic Charlestown and trendy Assembly Row
- Five-minute walk to the Orange Line
About Accion Systems
Accion Systems is pioneering scalable electric propulsion technology that will completely transform what spacecraft can do in and beyond Earth's orbit. We removed the heavy tanks, pumps, valves, toxic propellants, external cathodes and ionization chambers found in conventional electric propulsion systems and created a new ion engine: one that's lighter, more efficient, more powerful — and manufactured hundreds of units at a time. Accion Systems was founded to accelerate the exploration of space. To fulfill this mission, our experienced team develops in-space propulsion technologies that optimize scalability, performance and efficiency. Accion’s flagship product, TILE, uses proprietary electrospray thrusters, bringing electric propulsion to satellites of all sizes and redefining in-space capabilities for the 21st century. Accion Systems was founded in 2014 by two MIT engineers, Natalya Bailey and Louis Perna, and is based in Boston, MA.