Business Development, Operations Analyst
Accordion Partners, New York
See jobs at Accordion Partners
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 100+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, and Boston.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together.
We are looking for a Business Development Operations Analyst to join our dynamic headquarters team in Midtown. You will support our senior Business Development and Consulting Execution team to create new client pitch and partnership materials. Additionally, you will…
- Assist with pulling information from industry sources including Pitchbook, NetSuite, and other research outlets to prepare the team for client outreach, pitch meetings, and proposals
- Polish internal and external presentations
- With the Marketing Team, manage client email lists that are used for thought leadership campaigns
- Assist with the aggregation and import of new BD contacts during onboarding of new senior hires
- Support the execution of Roundtable execution
- Execute ad hoc NetSuite record entry (i.e. BD activity)
- Generate client contact lists for MDs
- Support efforts related to industry conference sponsorship and attendance
- Develop and distribute weekly BD reports, including pipeline
- Develop a mapping strategy of relationships to help generate client reach out ideas
- Assist in developing and managing a “roadshow calendar” for coordination of BD travel
- Support consulting execution team during productization efforts by polishing and organizing materials for use by the broader team
- Assist with cold in-bound vetting and follow-through
- Assist in the development and organization of client outreach scripts
- Coordinate engagement wrap up activities including client appreciation and case study development
- In conjunction with the FP&A Associate:
- Develop/manage broader Pitchbook reporting strategy
- Own NetSuite troubleshooting and improvement
- Engage in routine and ad-hoc NetSuite reporting
- Manage BD metrics and pipeline analyses
- You have 1-3 years of work experience that has touched on things like communications, relationship science, or sales operations.
- You hear a broad goal like “inspire a culture of authentic business development at Accordion” and you have a ton of ideas about what a roadmap to get there would look like.
- You are tech savvy and are confident in your abilities to learn and master new platforms and software for the benefit of all.
- You appreciate analytics and know that meaningful information tells a great story. You love data.
- You have experience with CRM and/or ERP systems.
- You understand what we mean by “beautiful execution” and are excited to join a team that values your extreme attention to detail.
- We want to stress that attention to detail is a key component of this role.
- You can manage up effectively and track several threads simultaneously.
- You can work confidently work with senior team members and are comfortable giving presentations on topics you are knowledgeable on.
- You have EQ in spades and are fun to work with.
About Accordion Partners
About us Accordion is the leader in private equity consulting, focused exclusively within the Office of the CFO. We are a partner to portfolio operations groups, working shoulder-to-shoulder to implement new mandates and facilitate decision-making. Our specialized team brings financial acumen along with a deep understanding of the pace and rigor required in a private equity-backed environment.
Want to learn more about Accordion Partners? Visit Accordion Partners's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Relationship Manager
ForUsAll, Scottsdale, AZ