Strategic Finance, Vice President (Consulting)
Accordion Partners, New York
See jobs at Accordion Partners
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 100+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, and Boston.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together.
We are looking for a Vice President to join Accordions' Project Based team. This is a contracting role reporting to the Managing Director of the Strategic Finance Practice, and will be working remote with some travel in the future.
As a VP, Project Based Consultant you will work on various client engagements to identify and rectify issues across a broad range of scenarios. You will be part of a cross-functional team, where you will work collaboratively with a diverse set of colleagues with backgrounds in Private Equity, Investment Banking, FP&A, Big 4 and Financial Controllers to:
- Provide leadership support on client engagements including managing work streams to agreed timelines, performing quality control of client deliverables and leading the presentation of deliverables
- Develop financial and analytic models at various granularity levels to drive operational and transactional insights
- Conduct financial and business due diligence to assist with various investment and growth decisions
- Budgeting & Forecasting Process Improvement
- Stakeholder Reporting & Strategic KPI Enhancement
- Perform detailed analysis and synthesize actionable insights from data sets and unstructured information sources
- Construct impactful reports and presentations that enhance key stakeholders’ understanding of business trends and drivers
- Lead/participate in consultant teach-ins and other training exercises
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics. MBA a plus.
- 6 years+ experience at a top tier private equity firm, investment bank, consulting firm and/or Corporate FP&A role
- Strong transactional finance experience as well as an understanding of operational finance
- Advanced Excel skills and very strong financial modeling and valuation skills; power users of SQL, Tableau, Power BI are highly desirable
- Strong quantitative and organizational skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight in the completion of projects
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team-management skills
- High integrity, independent and individually motivated
- Ability and willingness to travel according to client needs (up to 70%) (currently remote)
Accordion Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Accordion Partners
About us Accordion is the leader in private equity consulting, focused exclusively within the Office of the CFO. We are a partner to portfolio operations groups, working shoulder-to-shoulder to implement new mandates and facilitate decision-making. Our specialized team brings financial acumen along with a deep understanding of the pace and rigor required in a private equity-backed environment.
Want to learn more about Accordion Partners? Visit Accordion Partners's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one