AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather is looking for a Producer, Live Broadcast to join our team! This position will work out of our headquarters office in State College, PA.
The Live Broadcast Producer for AccuWeather will be producing compelling live video segments for the AccuWeather Television Network on a daily and as-needed schedule. The Live Broadcast Producer will put together the rundown for each individual segment and work with a team of on-air broadcasters, director, graphics, studio crew and video editors to develop innovative and engaging content. The weather and the news require 24/7/365 coverage and the live broadcast producer will be required to work differing hours, depending on the severity of the weather situation or breaking news story.
- Work with Executive Producer to deliver a unique style for the AccuWeather Television Network.
- Produce recognizable programming that is distinctive, best-of-class production
- Deliver a comprehensive and creative explanation of weather news and information.
- Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and weather situations, contributing to the news team's coverage.
- Seek and produce compelling, engaging video content for the AccuWeather Television Network.
- Lead the show production process, including development of rundowns, segments, series, story selection, graphics generation, video editing and script writing.
- Execute and deliver strong content in a smooth and clean fashion that flows well across the entire show
- Exercise strong editorial judgment and adhere to company’s standards and practices
- Other duties as assigned.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is necessary in this role
- BA or BS in journalism, communications or meteorology from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated experience in a dynamic, live news production environment at a television station or broadcast network
- Working knowledge of non-linear editing suites (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, others) is required.
- Subject matter expertise in newsroom content management systems like ENPS, iNews, others)
- Knowledge and experience in broadcast style writing
- Working knowledge and experience with digital editorial programming tools, such as a CMS and/or OVP
- Must be a control room leader and a team player who leads by example and works well with production staff and other departments
- Understanding of basic meteorology and effective storytelling
- Working knowledge of Windows or Mac operating systems is required
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role
- Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills are necessary; communication is essential to success
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.
ABOUT ACCUWEATHER More than 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hour-by-hour and minute-by-minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available through smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites via AccuWeather.com, award winning AccuWeather apps, connected TVs, wearables, smart homes, and connected cars, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the AccuWeather Network cable channel. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers – a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs book – AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as weather news, content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. AccuWeather’s CEO, Barry Lee Myers, is an award winning leader in global weather information issues and one of the world’s most recognized advocates for cooperative relationships between government weather agencies and the weather industry. He is a leader in the digital weather information space.
Want to learn more about Accuweather? Visit Accuweather's website.
Jobs You May Like
BGB Group, BGB Group
Directeur de création - Shows, Events & Brands (Creative Director - Shows, Events & Brands)
Moment Factory, Montréal