The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking an Associate Product Manager to join a team leading a suite of consumer subscription and business to business products. This position will join a diverse, and expanding, product team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used by more than 300 million consumers worldwide, as well as lead the next generation of innovative product development.
The Associate Product Manager will work on a wide variety of products that serve a diverse clientele ranging from individual consumers through global media conglomerates. Key to success will be working in a collaborative manner to help shape the composition of AccuWeather’s paid and subscription portfolio – anchored in a strong foundation of competitive research through every step of the product development funnel including design, development, execution, measurement and iteration.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an organized approach, an appetite for continuous learning, seamless handoffs between projects, and defining an approach to product based on a balance of available technology, the needs of clients, and our business goals. The ideal candidate possesses an innovative and analytical approach, an entrepreneurial mind, and a solid understanding of the digital ecosystem.
If you have a passion for science, technology, and leveraging data to improve people’s lives, profits, and success - as well as a stand-out portfolio - this is the role for you. The position is based in State College, Pennsylvania or New York City. Travel will be required.
What You'll Be Doing
- Market fit and competitive research in support of new product initiatives as well as ensuring a strong market position for existing offerings.
- Manage portfolio of products offered to AccuWeather media partners, particularly local radio stations / daily news outlets, integrate weather related information and content within their digital properties
- Define product requirements for mobile applications, websites, and other digital properties / services, using a data-driven decisions approach.
- Collaborate closely with a diverse group of stakeholders and meet with clients to maintain an on-the-pulse knowledge of our users and the use cases that drive their successful outcomes.
- Cross-functional coordination with different operational and strategic departments in order to identify and launch new content and functionality.
- Conduct business case modelling and competitive analyses to assess trends and guide team to create compelling, valuable, and ultimately profitable products and refine product road maps.
- Seek out and interpret user feedback and market research data to guide product development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Natural leader. Creative thinker. Exceptional communicator. Adaptable.
- Consensus builder who achieves alignment through active stakeholder management.
- Be curious and globally oriented with a pride for building successful products.
- Enthusiastic to support a diverse product suite, sold to a wide spectrum of clients.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and demonstrable experience of producing successful outcomes via indirect leadership are required.
- Ideal candidates combine a technical background with a Business Administration or Marketing degree OR have completed an MBA program with a strong focus on product management.
- Knowledge of mobile applications, web publishing, and associated technology.
- Knowledge of print/radio/TV media and the network effects of digital disruption of traditional linear business approaches.
- Experience writing effective requirements (wire frames, user stories, business rules, etc.).
- Strong research, analysis, strategy, and project management skills with the ability to guide complex projects to timely completion.
- Experience using online analytics solutions (Google Analytics experience preferred), with a proven ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to manage and balance requirements of large corporate clients and a diverse group of smaller clients, ultimately leading to successful product packages that optimize for revenue potential while reducing churn.
- Experience operating within a SCRUM environment.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an orientation towards developing win-win solutions.
- Business planning, forecasting, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and assign priorities to tasks.
- Must be comfortable ruthlessly prioritizing a pipeline of work based on a strategic evaluation of goals and implications.
- Comfortable making independent decisions, naturally incorporating a thoughtful and comprehensive analysis of risks and rewards.
- Ability to interface between creative, technical, and senior level professionals.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environments.
- Travel between AccuWeather offices and limited travel to client offices will be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.
ABOUT ACCUWEATHER More than 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hour-by-hour and minute-by-minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available through smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites via AccuWeather.com, award winning AccuWeather apps, connected TVs, wearables, smart homes, and connected cars, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the AccuWeather Network cable channel. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers – a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs book – AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as weather news, content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. AccuWeather’s CEO, Barry Lee Myers, is an award winning leader in global weather information issues and one of the world’s most recognized advocates for cooperative relationships between government weather agencies and the weather industry. He is a leader in the digital weather information space.