AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The AccuWeather IT team is seeking an experienced Tool Administrator with a passion for designing, building and supporting extensible solutions to meet our unique needs while scaling to support the daily collaboration of the entire organization. Someone who likes to develop custom features and experiment and innovate with integrations and add-ons.
As the Tool Administrator, you’ll work cross-functionally with Development, QA, Operations, Product, and Business teams to implement and support tools that drive real-time collaboration and enable rapid delivery of our platforms and services. This hands-on position requires development competence, a thorough understanding of Atlassian products, and experience with industry standard IT tools.
- For Atlassian and related products:
- Setup, configure, and support products and existing plug-ins
- Research, test, and implement new plug-ins
- Maintain and upgrade products, including related plug-ins, workflows, users, permissions, configurations, and implementations
- Coordinate, automate and perform system administration tasks, including backups, archival, and cleanup
- Evaluate and manage the usage of products and plug-ins to meet team and business needs
- Create and maintain scripts
- Enhance integrations with Slack, Selenium, GitHub, Jenkins, SharePoint, and other tools
- Maintain development and production instances
- Existing Atlassian products include, but are not limited to, Jira and Confluence
- Existing key Jira plug-ins include, but are not limited to, TM4J, GitHub, New Relic, and Jira Toolkit
- Collaborate on design and implementation of dashboards and reporting
- Establish and promote best practices
- Collaborate with peers, individuals, and leaders across AccuWeather
- Interaction with Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Developers, Testers, Managers, and others
- 4+ years’ experience with Atlassian administration and support
- Direct, hands-on, experience with Python, Groovy, C#, Java, or similar technologies
- Direct, hands-on, experience with SQL or Oracle technologies
- Experience with Power BI, BigQuery, Tableau, or similar technologies preferred
- Experience working in fast-paced Agile environments
- Self-driven; good problem-solving skills; adaptable and proactive
- Good verbal and written communication skills; strong collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.
ABOUT ACCUWEATHER More than 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hour-by-hour and minute-by-minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available through smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites via AccuWeather.com, award winning AccuWeather apps, connected TVs, wearables, smart homes, and connected cars, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the AccuWeather Network cable channel. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers – a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs book – AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as weather news, content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. AccuWeather’s CEO, Barry Lee Myers, is an award winning leader in global weather information issues and one of the world’s most recognized advocates for cooperative relationships between government weather agencies and the weather industry. He is a leader in the digital weather information space.