AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather is seeking an Intern currently enrolled in a College/University/Graduate Program to join the Legal Department in State College, PA on a part-time basis. The Intern will perform duties to support the Department’s administrative management of its contracts and documents. The position is ideal for a candidate with an interest in pursuing law. Interns will be compensated on an hourly basis. This internship is ongoing for a minimum of a year.
- Manage office documents
- Upload contracts into Contract Management System
- Data entry related to the contracts
- Review documents for compliance with company document retention schedule and assist with document storage or destruction protocol
- Photocopy, collate and distribute information
- Conduct online research on corporate governance, immigration, international, advertising/marketing, intellectual property, regulatory and general commercial law matters as needed
- Opportunity to assist in the drafting and review of commercial agreements with vendors and customers
- Review commercial agreements
- Collaborate with other team members on various projects as needed
- Must be currently an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a college or university or graduate program
- Previous internship experience desired
- Interest in meteorology, weather analytics, big data, intellectual property, STEM subjects preferred
- Highly organized, highly detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in discreetly handling confidential information preferred
- Ideal intern can work regular schedule of at least 10 hours per week (Mon thru Fri only, between 8am and 5pm), with willingness to commit to one year
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, internally and externally and with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks until they are completed
- Have a strong desire to learn about the business and function of a corporate legal team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.
ABOUT ACCUWEATHER More than 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hour-by-hour and minute-by-minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available through smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites via AccuWeather.com, award winning AccuWeather apps, connected TVs, wearables, smart homes, and connected cars, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the AccuWeather Network cable channel. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers – a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs book – AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as weather news, content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. AccuWeather’s CEO, Barry Lee Myers, is an award winning leader in global weather information issues and one of the world’s most recognized advocates for cooperative relationships between government weather agencies and the weather industry. He is a leader in the digital weather information space.