AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Senior Android Developer has a passion for building world-class mobile products and strives to deliver the best experience for AccuWeather users. This role is a unique opportunity to be instrumental in developing our global mobile platform.
- Build rich mobile applications and help guide feature development from a technical perspective
- Advise, collaborate, and provide input to ensure the technical feasibility of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams to create elegant and intuitive experience for users
- Evangelize clean and structured code; provide code review and feedback to other team members
- Resolve defects, support testing efforts and deploy production code
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Evaluate new and existing frameworks, technology, platforms, and tooling
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 4 years of developing native Android applications
- Experience in designing and developing applications in Kotlin
- Experience working with Android Architecture Components, MVVM
- Knowledge of Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience working with source control systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products
- Knowledge of packaging, signing and provisioning mobile applications
- Experience with mobile hardware SDK like camera, accelerometer, GPS, etc.
- Experience wiring and troubleshooting analytics platforms
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
ABOUT ACCUWEATHER More than 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hour-by-hour and minute-by-minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available through smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites via AccuWeather.com, award winning AccuWeather apps, connected TVs, wearables, smart homes, and connected cars, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the AccuWeather Network cable channel. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers – a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs book – AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as weather news, content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. AccuWeather’s CEO, Barry Lee Myers, is an award winning leader in global weather information issues and one of the world’s most recognized advocates for cooperative relationships between government weather agencies and the weather industry. He is a leader in the digital weather information space.
Want to learn more about Accuweather? Visit Accuweather's website.
Brewing up the future, today.
Jobs You May Like
Product Designer - Education