AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather is looking for a Senior Product Manager to craft the vision and strategy for AccuWeather.com. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to be at the center of new product development, understand evolving user behavior, and have the chance to foster deeper relationships with our existing audience and develop new audiences.
Reporting to AccuWeather’s Director of Product Management, the Senior Product Manager is a key player in delivering the next evolution in AccuWeather’s web portfolio through the expert management of current feature sets and innovative new experiences. AccuWeather.com is a unique product – it is global (more than 65 countries), and it’s mobile-driven and serves a vast audience with varying behavioral characteristics. The position is required to balance the needs of our content reader seeking a lean-in experience on a variety of weather and lifestyle topics, as well as manage the delivery of localized weather information to the user-on-the-move, with forecasts and conditions around the world. To succeed in this role, the candidate must have a curiosity to measure performance, continually innovate and evangelize success. We are seeking someone with vision and not afraid to showcase big ideas.
Applicants should have an eye for user experience, a finger on-the-pulse of the latest technologies and a passion for building intuitive experiences that simplify complex datasets. This role is a defining opportunity in your career to shape products and services that have a real impact on lives and property.
If you have a passion for science, technology, and leveraging big data, as well as an outstanding track record, this is the role for you.
- Partner with the Design, Research, Marketing and Engineering leads on the team to identify the core strategy for AccuWeather.com, and then create an approach to build for key opportunities
- Define, articulate and champion a vision for AccuWeather.com that supports engagement, revenue growth and audience development outcomes
- Define crystal clear, measurable and realistic KPIs for short and long-term results, as well as being comfortable operating in the data and using data to substantiate arguments or positions
- Manage the product roadmap for the AccuWeather.com portfolio including prioritization decisions by collaborating with peers and scoping ROI metrics that support your argument
- Clearly articulate the features required to meet your specific product needs, from enhancements to core components such as content experience or advertising through to ideation involving cutting-edge services that leverage AI and connected ecosystems
- Document clear requirements for the many respective teams involved in a product launch (Design, Development, Analytics, etc.)
- Develop clear strategies to improve the engagement of users leading to increased visitation, higher satisfaction and deeper engagement with content offerings
- Manage the development sprints, prioritize product enhancements, while simultaneously crushing technical debt
- Lead ceremonies with stakeholders
- Rigorously develop business cases with quantifiable KPIs and ROI
- Maintain exceptional relationships with key business stakeholders through effective communication and collaboration
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer behaviors, the competitive landscape and technology trends to inform the strategies adopted by AccuWeather.com
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years of experience in product management & strategy or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience developing large scale, consumer orientated, web offerings
- Demonstrated experience managing a digital product such as website, mobile application, or OTT product
- Experience with analytical tools such as Omniture or Google Analytics, including understanding of implementation and use
- Ability to write detailed JIRA tickets in order to help developers understand the work that is needed
- Experience working within the Scrum framework and familiarity with cutting edge product management tools
- Understanding of how you are to translate complex datasets into intuitive product experiences
- Demonstrated experience in developing subscription products
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with teams of all levels
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment
- Willing to travel to the offices in State College and New York City about every 1-2 months (when deemed safe after the pandemic)
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
ABOUT ACCUWEATHER More than 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hour-by-hour and minute-by-minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available through smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites via AccuWeather.com, award winning AccuWeather apps, connected TVs, wearables, smart homes, and connected cars, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the AccuWeather Network cable channel. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers – a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs book – AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as weather news, content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. AccuWeather’s CEO, Barry Lee Myers, is an award winning leader in global weather information issues and one of the world’s most recognized advocates for cooperative relationships between government weather agencies and the weather industry. He is a leader in the digital weather information space.
Want to learn more about Accuweather? Visit Accuweather's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.