AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
To support AccuWeather’s continued focus on innovation and generating superior forecast products, we are seeking a Machine Learning Systems Administrator with knowledge of cloud-based systems and associated development environments. This hands-on position requires broad competence and technical knowledge of Azure cloud systems and technology to support the development and deployment of Machine Learning (ML) technologies. We are seeking intrapreneurial minded, self-motivated professionals who routinely lean in and are comfortable working outside of predefined job responsibilities. The successful candidate will join a talented team of professionals who are engaged in petabyte scale ML and will play a role in realizing our overall vision while simultaneously providing insight and subject matter expertise to influence strategy.
- Collaborate with our team of data scientists, data engineers, and scientists to support optimization, scalability, and deployment of innovative Machine Learning technologies.
- Provide subject matter expertise to ensure processes and technology are repeatable
- Support optimization and automation of well-structured and tested code.
- Server administration, and monitoring.
- Technical project management including assessing risk, analyzing costs, setting expectations, and communication of timelines and roadmaps.
- Prototyping, development, and deployment automation of delivery technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science.
- Self-driven with excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
- Experience with Azure cloud services: Azure VMs, Azure Databricks, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys engaging in team environment including daily stand ups and routine brainstorming
- Excellent organization skills and project management mindset
- Creative problem solving and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with meteorological data formats (NetCDF, GRIB, BUFR) is a desirable.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following: Python, C/C++, SQL, Databricks, Azure cloud environments
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
ABOUT ACCUWEATHER More than 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hour-by-hour and minute-by-minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available through smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites via AccuWeather.com, award winning AccuWeather apps, connected TVs, wearables, smart homes, and connected cars, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the AccuWeather Network cable channel. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers – a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs book – AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as weather news, content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. AccuWeather’s CEO, Barry Lee Myers, is an award winning leader in global weather information issues and one of the world’s most recognized advocates for cooperative relationships between government weather agencies and the weather industry. He is a leader in the digital weather information space.
Want to learn more about Accuweather? Visit Accuweather's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.