Who We Need
AccuWeather is seeking an ambitious and experienced Global Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) who will quickly take ownership of the go-to-market strategy to accelerate growth and revenue, taking a valuable long-term perspective in mind. The successful candidate will be a business leader, whom sales and marketing success is second nature to. We want a collaborative, “roll up your sleeves” person who is confident, persistent, and steady through transparent communications. We need you to inspire, mentor, and motivate people by building a culture of high success. You will work closely with the CEO and determine budget tradeoffs with the goal of continually driving and improving profits in the short- and long-term. This will include all aspects of revenue, planning and forecasting, along with providing valuable decision-making support to the sales team.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the President of AccuWeather, the CRO will collaborate with members of the senior leadership team as well as all Lines of Business (LOB) Leaders, Chief Content Officer, product development, operations, and corporate finance to achieve top line revenue and customer success. Your expertise will be needed to help inform the product roadmap and create impactful market positioning.
High-level collaboration with the CEO and CFO is the key to your success in determining budget trade-offs with a goal of continually driving and improving profits in the short and long term.
- Capitalize on cross-media platforms, as well as find sponsors and advertisers through innovative and creative campaigns that generate wins-wins for the advertising companies and AccuWeather (though increased digital audience)
- Manage sales and business team members, including those with the AccuWeather For Business (AFB) and Local Digital Media departments and lead the success of the team and their activities.
- Develop annual sales strategies, plans, and tactics with quarterly updates to drive revenue, expand the customer base and maximize short- and long-term revenue potential from existing and prospective customers across multiple lines of business.
- Pursue, establish, and leverage successful relationships with alliance, channel, sponsorships, and joint venture partners; orchestrate and manage key accounts and must-win deals.
- Establish and manage a sustainable, predictable, and scalable sales architecture, as well as develop and implement robust sales management processes – pipeline, account planning, and proposals.
- Develop revenue models and business cases for potential investment opportunities and major business development initiatives.
- Work with managers to create individual and group sales goals that are driven by pricing models, most productive commission plans and compensation.
- Create accountability by developing appropriate sales metrics and coordinating compensation and promotions with these metrics including individual sales goals, pricing, commission, and compensation plans.
- Partner with the senior leaders and Board of Directors to translate insight into actionable strategies focused on growth, improve operating success, identify new opportunities, and adjust plan as needed to create and drive sustainable growth.
- Partner with IT to define needs and maintain business ownership of revenue generation and sales support systems, tools, and automation (e.g., CRM, analytics, sales forecasting, data management).
- Analyze effectiveness of go-to-market strategies and work closely with product development and marketing to continuously improve and expand.
- Monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition to engagement to success
- Oversee all Channel/Partner Development—adding new sales channels and partners
- Drive a “lean startup” style environment of constant experimentation and learning
- Leverage customer research (quantity and quality) to provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and positioning
- Hire, train, lead, motivate, and develop outstanding sales talent and customer teams.
- Build a performance driven, sales-focused culture with a focus on customer, execution, and growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree or higher
- 10-15 years’ experience with a successful track record of high achievement in a competitive setting that required interpretation and analysis of a variety of complex business, market, personnel, and legal situations
- Experience managing a successful global sales organization, including as a highly involved top sales professional willing to make calls on major strategic deals to close them
- Demonstrated ability to be highly successful in growing audience size and engagement, as well as success in managing large modeling efforts involving complex business problems
- Exceptional analytical skills and conceptual thinking ability
- Ability to see big picture while effectively managing details
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, fun, and demanding environment
- Superior communicator, along with a demonstrated ability to be collaborative and open minded
- Proven track record in working with business owners and building consensus at multiple levels
- Ability to understand multiple viewpoints and consolidate information into impartial analysis for decision making
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and balance work in the face of rapidly changing needs
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
ABOUT ACCUWEATHER More than 2 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hour-by-hour and minute-by-minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ with customized content and engaging video presentations available through smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile Internet sites via AccuWeather.com, award winning AccuWeather apps, connected TVs, wearables, smart homes, and connected cars, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the AccuWeather Network cable channel. Established in 1962 by Founder, President, and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers – a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs book – AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as weather news, content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. AccuWeather’s CEO, Barry Lee Myers, is an award winning leader in global weather information issues and one of the world’s most recognized advocates for cooperative relationships between government weather agencies and the weather industry. He is a leader in the digital weather information space.
Want to learn more about Accuweather? Visit Accuweather's website.
The social news and entertainment company.