QA Engineer (Identity & Financial Services)
We Want to Help Everyone Invest So we built Acorns.
QA Engineer (IFS) | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking a QA Engineer who has a passion for helping create reliable, bug free user experience and a background writing functional, integration, system and end-to-end automated tests.
As a QA Engineer, your typical week would involve collaborating with product and the other various engineering teams to plan the build out test suites for new features. You will participate in product feature and architecture design reviews to identify concerns and risks early in the product life cycle. You will build and maintain tools and frameworks to support ongoing automated testing efforts on all supported mobile platforms and browser configurations. You will be developing and maintaining test plans, test cases, and automated tests to ensure sufficient test coverage of our mobile, web, and backend applications.
You are not expected to have experience with all technologies listed in this posting. We're looking for an experienced QA Engineer that loves learning new technologies on the job, thinks creatively to solve complex problems, and enjoys working collaboratively.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn the QA process and tools that the QA team uses
- Join your assigned feature development team and get up to speed with the current project
- Learn about Acorns products, features, and architecture
- Assist devs and QA with testing new features
- Updated or added your first automated test
Within 6 months, you will:
- Understand QA process and tools
- Have knowledge of Acorns products, features, and architecture
- Take ownership of testing new features
- Develop and maintain automated tests for new and existing features
Within 12 months, you will:
- Have deeper knowledge of Acorns products, features, and architecture
- Recommend and implement improvements to QA process and tools
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 4+ years of experience as a QA/QE Engineer, SDET or similar role preferred
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects using a recognized agile development methodology (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban)
- Extensive experience with backend testing of RESTful APIs
- Experience with sql and nosql database testing - mysql, postgress, mongodb, dynamo db
- Experience with AWS highly desired
- Experience in a DevOps environment, with a good understanding of CI/CD using tools like Jenkins, Buildkit (or other similar tools)
- Experience with logging management platforms such as splunk highly desired
- Experience with data analytics helpful
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with Unix (Linux preferred)
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.