Financial Operations Associate | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is changing the way everyday Americans save and invest every day. We are looking for an experienced Financial and Operations Associate (FinOp) with extensive management reporting, audit and regulatory experience who can support the company’s high growth. In this role, you will have an opportunity to apply your strong, disciplined background to a company that is changing the financial services industry.
Reporting directly to the company’s Financial & Operations Principal, the Associate FinOp is responsible for accounting controls, financial reporting, technical accounting, and accounting functions for the firm’s broker-dealer. The Associate FinOp will help oversee the timely monthly close of the general ledger, consolidation and reporting of financial results, coordination of audits and the establishment and maintenance of accounting policies, including revenue recognition and the development of efficient and effective processes that also support compliance to internal controls.
- Acts as a key point of contact for the company’s Broker Dealer regulated legal entity. Partners with the firm’s FinOp and Chief Compliance Officer in identifying and resolving Broker Dealer related financial risk, control and compliance related matters, as well as ensuring the firm is in compliance with net capital requirements.
- Helps prepare and file in a timely and accurate manner FOCUS reports, Part IIA, SSOI forms etc. and audited financial statements in accordance with GAAP and FINRA / SEC reporting rules and regulations.
- Assists with the preparation of management reporting and business and financial analyses/comments to be shared within the management team.
- Helps manage AR and AP functions including invoicing, cash application / payment receipt, bank deposits, and vendor payments.
- Participates in annual financial audits and periodic compliance assessments and examinations
- Designs, documents and maintains sound accounting policies, processes and systems to ensure optimal control of the operations.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BA / BS in Accounting or Finance required
- Broker/Dealer Financial and Operations Principal (FINOP) registration and experience required - Series 27 (Mandatory)
- At least 5 years of experience in a combination of public accounting and relevant industry with an emphasis on accounting, financial management and financial reporting. At least 3 years as a broker-dealer FINOP required.
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with or knowledge of Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) a plus
- Experience in high-growth, fast-paced companies. Experience with a fintech company, a plus
- Ability to spot issues early on, escalate appropriately and effectively and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people in financial and non-financial roles, including Executives.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team in a fast-paced startup environment
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Find a way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
Jobs You May Like
Heal, New York, New York