Senior Software Engineer (Front-end) | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is seeking a Front-end Engineer for our Core web team who has a passion for the web and contributing to the development of our core web application, by architecting and engineering reusable components and delivering a high performance user experience. These will all be held to our engineering standards, which are rich, scalable, web applications, frameworks, and tools that enable 100 million Americans grow their future.
As a front-end engineer on Core Web, your typical week would involve collaborating with product and your engineering colleagues to plan and build new features for our web app while working closely with Quality Assurance, our securities team, customer support, and even our fraud/disputes teams. You will work in React, GraphQL, Node.js, HTML, CSS, and RESTful APIs.
You are not expected to have experience with all technologies listed above. We're looking for experienced engineers that love learning new technologies on the job, think creatively to solve complex problems, and enjoy working collaboratively.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Introduce yourself and work with the various teams here from mobile, QA, compliance, securities and more.
- Learn about our roadmap and all the exciting new projects coming soon.
- Ship your first piece of code.
- Familiarize yourself with our codebase and products.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Improve various front-end codebases by adding modular, performant, and maintainable code contributions.
- Elevate front-end architecture design to increase developer velocity and drive growth through Acorns’ web frameworks, and other platform-based tools.
- Provide insight into front-end web development best practices; Support decisions around framework and tool choices.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems; Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Have demonstrated excellence within the engineering organization.
- Built services and products that are used daily by our millions of users.
- Be someone other team members go to for advice or questions on services you helped build.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BS in Computer Science or 3+ years of professional software experience
- 3+ years of Front-end development experience
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor
- Experience in a front-end framework
- Excellent understanding of software engineering fundamentals, design patterns and OOP architecture
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with demanding deadlines in a team environment
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Advance our society
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
Jobs You May Like
Practice Manager - Bioenergy
ESC, Derby or Birmingham