QA Engineer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is actively seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented, and driven QA Automation Engineer. The QA position will reside in the Engineering group, which serves as the central development team for the company.
The team is responsible for developing mobile and web applications and addressing any issues or IT changes that must be addressed to maintain proper functionality of our investor user applications. In this role you will be a vital component to the success of our Engineering team.
This position is located in our Portland office.
- Design and build advanced automated test suites
- Implement and execute automation strategies on all supported platforms and languages to help improve overall quality and test code coverage
- Define, implement and maintain test plans, test specifications and test suites. Participate in product feature and infrastructure engineering design reviews
- Certify product feature releases through automation
- BS in Computer Science or related field or 3+ years of professional software experience
- 3+ years QA Engineer experience
- Working knowledge of test methodologies, processes and tools
- Experience with Selenium and PhantomJS
- Experience testing API’s using automation tools
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting and decision-making skills
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with SQL and Unix (Linux preferred)
- Experience in mobile testing and automation (Appium/Ruby)
- Experience performance testing large distributed systems
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Advance our society
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
Jobs You May Like
Professional Services Team Leader
Cloudreach, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich, Paris
Software Engineer - Performance Tools & Infrastructure
Front End Engineer
Culture Amp, Melbourne
Program Manager, Data Education
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Services Platform Lead
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer (Data Platform)
Branch Metrics, Redwood City