Workforce Scheduling Analyst | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is actively seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and data-driven Workforce Scheduling Analyst. The Workforce Analyst will join our Support Operations team, and will partner with other areas of Financial Planning and Analysis, and HR to recommend future budgetary adjustments to staffing considerations as necessary. The Workforce Planning team will be collaborating with peers and multiple levels of leadership to balance productivity and performance across Acorns footprint.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn about the fundamentals of Acorns mission and vision
- Familiarize yourself with the business, contact center metrics definitions, and data structures
- Complete training on WFM tool
Within 3 months, you will:
- Manage the PTO and overtime process
- Monitor real time adherence to ensure performance is within pre-set parameters, works with team managers to resolve schedule adherence issues, escalating to Operations Managers if necessary
- Efficiently manages call volume and labor resources for our inbound, chat, email and workflow, while maintaining and exceeding goals and expectations
- Monitor the development of productivity metrics for Acorns Support Agents ( i.e. Emails per hour, After Call Work Time and Average Handle Time).
- Logging exceptions (codes) in WFM tool
- Monitor staffing levels against scheduled plan to efficiently handle incoming work units at the prescribed service levels
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of metrics
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly ad hoc reports and distribute to Management
Within 6 months, you will:
- Be able to take historical data and combine business feedback to paint a meaningful picture of the future
- Analyze call drivers, and determines how and when to change KPIs to align with these factors.
- Provide essential input to management team so that staffing plans are based on analysis of historical performance and real-time data
- Produce call center forecasts and schedules to maximize resources while meeting Operational obligations
- Run “what-if” scenarios for staffing
- Evaluate and implement opportunities for improving workflow processes and automation of processes
- Complete creation of new hire schedules for the business
- Perform advanced root cause analysis to identify areas of opportunity and make strategic recommendations to leadership
- Provide and maintain Intra-day Performance reports
What you will bring to Acorns (requirements)
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 2-5 years experience in Customer Support Operations
- Strong ability to multitask
- Strong intellectual curiosity and love of problem solving. Highly motivated to solve challenging business problems, and have a direct impact on significant business decisions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights & weekends
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure in an Operations environment.
- Experience managing demanding deadlines, changing requirements, and working with limited resources or information
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through abilities with particular attention to detail required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Impeccable integrity, work ethic and commitment, positive "can-do" attitude
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fluid work environment
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
- Prior experience using a Workforce Management tool
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- 2-5 years prior Workforce Management experience
- Experience communicating effectively to drive change
- Experience in logical analysis, problem solving, and decision making
- Minimum 6 months experience with agent scheduling for inbound, outbound, and back-office
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a Way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/