iOS Engineer, Growth | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is seeking an experienced iOS engineer to join a cross-functional team focused on driving user and revenue growth. You will explore and deliver product experiences that improve Acorns’ growth potential across on-boarding, referral, engagement, retention and revenue.
You will work with highly motivated product managers, analysts, marketers, and designers. Our projects range from small experiments in optimization to big swings at creating brand new user experiences. Your work will have a huge impact on helping everyday Americans to save and invest.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering, Growth and is based in Irvine, CA.
As an iOS Engineer on the Growth team, you will:
- Take a lead role in building an application which delivers delightful user experiences at scale including architecture proposals, code reviews and hands-on coding
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Collaborate frequently with other teams to design, develop, and ship high-quality app features
- Ensure that technical designs support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, maintainability, and security
- Design experiments and test features that power Acorns' growth and our mission to reach 100MM customers
- Help us scale our product and team to meet the ever-growing Acorns customer base
- Be exposed to a widely-used app and brand that is a household name
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Deep knowledge of native, data-driven iOS applications built in Objective-C and/or Swift
- Expertise in iOS architecture and design pattern
- Ability to weigh and communicate the pros and cons of different approaches
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native iOS applications (point us to your work in the App Store)
- Experience build high-performance, dynamic UI programmatically using both conventional and autolayout strategies
- Experience implementing third-party SDKs on iOS (Social Media, Marketing/Crash Analytics, etc)
- Experience working with CoreData/NSManagedObject in a deployed application
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented (OO) application design and development, Cocoa Touch design patterns, algorithm design
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment with a version-control system like git
- Passionate about making high user impact and moving key metrics
- A BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering from a top school, but a wonderful project list is even better
Bonus points if you have:
- Coached/mentored individuals to grow in their career
- Developed testing suites for mobile applications
- Developed advanced animations & transitions using Core Animation, UIKit Dynamics
- Experience working with GraphQL and related concepts
- Run A/B tests and analyzed the results (specifically Optimizely)
- Understanding of growth-related metrics
- Contributed to an open-source software project
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growin
- Find a way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
3 Active Jobs
The social news and entertainment company.