Software Engineer (Identity & Financial Services)
We Want to Help Everyone Invest So we built Acorns.
Software Engineer (IFS) | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is seeking a Software Engineer who has a passion for building robust, scalable, software and systems for the IFS team.
The Identity and Financial Systems team is responsible for building and supporting highly reliable and scalable web services that support user engagement and money movement for millions of customers. We are a highly autonomous team that promotes an operational centric, customer first culture.
Software engineers are responsible for translating high-level business requirements for new Acorns products and features into the services and data models that power them. They think critically about how to architect and build new components in a performant and scalable manner. As aSoftware Engineer, your typical week will involve collaborating with product and other engineering teams such as mobile, frontend, and QA to plan and create new features and infrastructure to build reliable and cohesive financial products. We're looking for experienced engineers that love learning new technologies on the job, think creatively to solve complex problems, and enjoy working collaboratively.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Have the support of Acorns top engineering talent to learn how we do craftsmanship at Acorns
- Contribute to the team by owning issues and developing solutions to those issues
- Give back to the team by participating in peer reviews
- Deploy your code in production to millions of Acorns users
Within 6 months, you will:
- Take full ownership of at least one feature, from requirements to implementation
- Identify areas for improvement and drive your vision for Acorns technology forward
- Contribute to and evangelize Acorns engineering culture
Within 12 months, you will:
- Lead projects that involve cross-functional teams to build major new features.
- Define career path opportunities for the engineering team so that all engineers see paths for development.
- Help engineers identify the best direction for their growth and then coach them along their chosen path.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, EE or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of in seat software engineering
- Passion for self improvement and learning
- Ownership of the software you produce
- 1+ years of programming in a functional or object oriented language
- Understanding of design patterns
- Understanding of basic algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of working in an Agile Environment
- A fresh vision for our technology roadmap.
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
- Experience building/optimizing SQL queries
- Experience building Node.js applications
- Knowledge of CD best practices
- Experience coaching and mentoring other engineers
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Find a way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Jobs You May Like
The Democratic Party
Project Manager - Data Science (Coordinated Campaign)
The Democratic Party, Remote
Power Systems Engineer
ESC, Birmingham City Centre