Senior Site Reliability Engineer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background in software development and operations to work closely with our product, development and QA teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about bridging the gap between product ideas and the production systems, and he/she will believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
- Maintain the core infrastructure using Terraform
- Manage and monitor services, identifying and collaborating with engineering teams to implement fixes and improvements.
- Investigate production incidents and participate in Root Cause Analysis development
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Develop and maintain tooling for enterprise build and deploy as we grow into a full CI/CD environment
- Plan for the growth and help define best practices in all aspects of infrastructure, operations and engineering
- Participate in an on-call rotation
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 5+ years of progressive experience and responsibility in SRE / DevOps.
- Knowledge and application of the best practices for software engineers as it applies to infrastructure and operations (Terraform, Cloudformation).
- Previous work experience with AWS ECS, EKS, and Fargate technologies.
- Experience with AWS tools, services, design patterns and best practices.
- Ability to work within CI/CD in a Microservices, Cloud-Native environment.
- Experience with highly-available, scalable and fault tolerant cloud systems.
- Knowledge of Agile / Kanban best practices.
- Excel in creating cross functional partnerships with engineering teams to develop Root Cause Analysis.
- Forward thinking, willingness to develop a long-term vision and roadmap.
- Team player through communication and collaboration.
- Ownership of assigned tasks - the ability to drive from inception to completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.