Paid Acquisition Marketing Manager
Acorns, Irvine, CA (Option to be remote)
We Want to Help Everyone Invest So we built Acorns.
Paid Acquisition Marketing Manager | Acorns
Acorns is how everyday consumers can save & invest for the long term. By putting tools of responsible wealthmaking in everyone’s hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving millions of everyday Americans subscribers. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios, built with help from experts like Nobel Laureate economist, Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns easy retirement account allows customers to invest for a better life later in minutes, no expertise required. To help everyone spend smarter, Acorns introduced banking that invests with every swipe, and cash-forward rewards. And, everyday Americans may invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. Customers have invested billions with Acorns, much of it in spare change. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
Acorns is looking for a Paid Acquisition Marketing Manager to join the team to assist in driving customer growth. They will work in a fast-paced team environment overseeing some of Acorn’s paid customer acquisition channels. They will also generate high-quality subscriber growth through channel optimization, collaborating with our design team to experiment with new creatives and messaging, and testing new channel opportunities.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionate about Acorns' mission, vision, and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will
- Introduce yourself to the growth team members, the stakeholders and collaborators
- Get familiar with the channels, tools, metrics, and past campaign results
- Meet with business leaders and teams across the organization to understand how Acorns works
- Hit the ground running by managing at least one of Acorns paid acquisition channels and generate some early wins
- Scale channel(s) by testing new opportunities and experiments
Within 6 months, you will:
- Significantly improve current channel efficiency through testing and optimization
- Explore at least 5 new strategic channel opportunities with early testing
- Establish a streamlined process working with brand, creative and analytics partners
- Set up robust reporting & automation to improve operational efficiency
- Participate in a quarterly OKR process with clear goals and deliverables to support Acorns’ growth objectives
- Contribute to funnel improvements through landing page testing
Within 12 months, you will:
- Excel in strategy & execution for paid marketing in your managed channels
- Consistently deliver and exceed performance goals on time and on budget
- Build a high performing paid marketing program combining data-focused experimentation, deep customer understanding, and a high level of creativity
- Expand currently paid channels through ongoing optimization and creative testing
- Explore opportunities and build out new channels to drive future Acorns growth
- Work closely with creative teams to develop highly performant ads at a high output
- Ensure that brand messaging and identity are reflected across the entire customer journey
- Improve management skills with the opportunity to participate in a leadership training program.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 2-4 years direct experience managing Paid Mobile User Acquisition at scale across multiple channels and ad networks, while exceeding specific KPIs
- Demonstrates experience improving performance of Paid Mobile campaigns through optimization, automation, and creative
- Results-driven professional with a mindset of relentless experimentation across existing channels while constantly finding and growing new acquisition channels
- Strong proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets (pivot tables, vlookups, basic modeling). SQL experience preferred.
- BA / BS degree. Focus in marketing or quantitative discipline (Statistics, Business, Economics) preferred
- Strong communicator, self-starter, and able to work in a fast environment to get things done
- Able to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and work under pressure
- Eager to learn fast, be creative, and win as a team
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission, and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos