Sr. Product Designer
Acorns, Irvine, CA (Option to be remote)
We Want to Help Everyone Invest So we built Acorns.
Sr. Product Designer | Acorns
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. By putting tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving 4.6 million everyday Americans. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios built with help from experts. Acorns easy retirement account allows customers to invest in their future in minutes, no expertise required. To help everyone spend smarter, Acorns introduced banking that invests with every swipe, and cash-forward rewards. And, everyday Americans may invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. To date, customers have invested $12.5 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
As a Product Designer at Acorns, you’ll work closely with your team on every stage of the product development process; from ideation and concepting to strategy, ux, and visual design. You’ll work with other design team members to help flush out new features as well as work directly with our CEO and other stakeholders to address design changes and improvements throughout our apps and products. Candidates should be comfortable with design software like Figma and have experience, and a passion for, working on consumer apps and digital products.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply. Please provide portfolio link and password for protected work alongside application.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with our design language and existing products
- Meet and get to know your fellow Design teammates, as well as key stakeholders you’ll be working with
- Collaborate with other designers on your first projects
Within 6 months, you will:
- Work on multiple aspects of the product
- Help refine and improve our existing products
- Work with multiple members of the team across Design, Product and Engineering
- Present at design demos and work through feedback
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be comfortable with all parts of our products and features
- Have contributed to multiple product and feature releases
- Helped optimize multiple products and features based on user feedback, stakeholder feedback, user testing and product experiments
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 5-8 years experience designing user centric product experiences
- Experience working on customer centric consumer products
- Experience melding thoughtful user experiences with beautiful user interfaces
- Good interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
- Experience designing for mobile devices and web applications
- Knowledge of the Figma and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Good organizational skills
- Adaptable and quick learner that enjoys tackling a large variety of problems
- Passion for product design, apps and personal finance
- A natural curiosity that leads you to always wonder how we could make our products better for our users
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.