Web Engineer II
Acorns, Irvine, CA (Option to be remote)
We Want to Help Everyone Invest So we built Acorns.
Software Engineer II, Web | Acorns
- Automated investing in diversified portfolios, built with help from experts.
- Easy retirement account that allows customers to invest in their future in minutes, no expertise required.
- Banking that invests with every swipe, allows you to invest from each paycheck, and helps customers get paid up to 2 days early
- Investment account for kids, multiple kids included
- Investment bonuses from brands where you shop
- Money news and education on-the-go
As a Web engineer, your typical week would involve collaborating with product managers to plan the build out of new features and working closely with QA, iOS, Android, and Backend engineers to build reliable and cohesive financial products. You will work in React, GraphQL, Node.js, CSS, and RESTful APIs.
You will be joining our highly autonomous and passionate engineering team that promotes a customer first, result driven and collaborative culture, you’ll have the opportunity to further shape and build a strong engineering culture, adopt efficient and practical PRD process and collaborate with our talented design, product, education and marketing teams to drive 10x growth for our business.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all technologies listed. We're looking for experienced engineers that love learning new technologies on the job, think creatively to solve complex problems, and enjoy working collaboratively. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Introduce yourself and work with the various teams here from mobile, QA, compliance, securities and more.
- Learn about our roadmap and all the exciting new projects coming soon.
- Get your first project into production and learn about our development processes.
- Familiarize yourself with our codebase and products.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Elevate front-end architecture design to increase developer velocity and drive growth through Acorns’ web platform.
- Provide insight into front-end web development best practices; support decisions around framework and tool choices.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems; optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Have demonstrated excellence within the engineering organization.
- Built services and products that are being used daily by our millions of users.
- Be someone other team members go to for advice or questions on services you helped build.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BS in Computer Science or 3-5 years of professional software experience
- 3-5 years of Front-end development experience
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor
- Experience in a front-end framework
- Excellent understanding of software engineering fundamentals, design patterns, and OOP architecture
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with demanding deadlines in a team environment
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
Desired skills and experiences:
- Experience with a full web stack such as Node.js, RoR, Python/Django or JVM based
- Familiarity with cloud based infrastructures: AWS, GCP
- Desire to grow into a full stack web engineer
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!
Tech Jobs For You
Staff Engineer, Backend (Operator League-Hero Tools)
Spot Hero, Chicago, IL, United States, New York, NY, United States,T...