Acorns, Irvine, CA (Option to be remote)
We Want to Help Everyone Invest So we built Acorns.
Staff Accountant | Acorns
Acorns is how everyday consumers can save & invest for the long term. By putting tools of responsible wealthmaking in everyone’s hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving millions of everyday Americans subscribers. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios, built with help from experts like Nobel Laureate economist, Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns easy retirement account allows customers to invest for a better life later in minutes, no expertise required. To help everyone spend smarter, Acorns introduced banking that invests with every swipe, and cash-forward rewards. And, everyday Americans may invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. Customers have invested billions with Acorns, much of it in spare change. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day administrative tasks and monthly and year-end accounting operations. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing journal entries, building monthly reports, tracking of budget to actual expenses, and ensuring general ledger coding is accurate and submitted timely.
Primary responsibilities include
- Preparing and booking journal entries
- Performing month-end reconciliations for balance sheet accounts.
- Preparing and analyzing the monthly cash expenditures.
- Preparing and analyzing monthly fluctuations in account balances.
- Documenting key accounting processes and performing related accounting operation controls.
- Performing other accounting and financial ad-hoc reporting as directed.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Introduce and integrate yourself to team members
- Familiarize yourself with current accounting systems and processes.
- Learn about the company’s product offerings.
- Learn about the fundamentals of Acorns mission and vision.
- Get familiar with department objectives and key results.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Be able to create and maintain accurate accounting schedules.
- Develop a sound understanding of the chart of accounts and department reporting.
- Develop and maintain periodic account risk assessments.
- Prioritize workloads and ensure monthly close tasks are completed timely.
- Analyze period fluctuations and document rational for change.
- Identify, document, and optimize key accounting processes
Within 12 months, you will:
- Identify anomalies in actual results and elevate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Bring solutions to identified problems.
- Support annual audits.
- Assist in internal control evaluations.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Accounting.
- 1-3 year work experience
- CPA preferred
- Competence in Microsoft excel and word
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional drive, precision, and attention to detail
- Ability to meet hard deadlines
- Keen aptitude in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to prioritize workloads
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
1. Lead with heart
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Find a way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Tech Jobs For You
Digital Commerce Consulting Sr. Manager/Manager - Consumer Goo...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA