Acorns, Irvine, CA (Option to be remote)
We Want to Help Everyone Invest So we built Acorns.
Data Engineer | Acorns
- Automated investing in diversified portfolios, built with help from experts.
- Easy retirement account that allows customers to invest in their future in minutes, no expertise required.
- Banking that invests with every swipe, allows you to invest from each paycheck, and helps customers get paid up to 2 days early
- Investment account for kids, multiple kids included
- Investment bonuses from brands where you shop
- Money news and education on-the-go
Acorns is actively seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented, and driven Data Engineer. This position will reside in Data Engineering, which serves as the central data platform team for the company. The Data Engineering team is responsible for delivering a world class scalable and secure data platform that serves millions of up-and-coming Acorns customers by leveraging best in class tools and frameworks like Databricks and Flink. We process Petabytes of app interactions and complex financial data daily. In this role you will be a vital component to the success of our Engineering, Analytics, and Data Science teams. This is a full-time, direct hire position, working regular hours.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Interface with various parts of business, Products, Project Management, and Leadership.
- Be familiarized with toolsets and environments, given proper access to execute tasks.
- Understand data landscape and data flow and processes.
- Fix or enhance production data pipelines.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work with the engineering leadership team to align, establish and promote engineering-wide priorities, including new features, infrastructure, and tool building.
- Optimize performance of business-critical data processes and identify and resolve data process issues.
- Develop new data pipelines for ingesting, integrating various heterogeneous data sources.
- Design and develop data pipelines to support reliable, timely and accurate computation of business metrics in collaboration with Analytics.
- Assess level of effort on a project and deliver with internal and external teams.
- Propose and promote new ways to solve a problem to gain efficiency and to scale.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Contribute and execute on Acorns Data Roadmap.
- Author, propose and execute technical initiatives.
- Define career path opportunities for development.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BA/BS from top-tier university
- 1+ years of Java/Scala/Python experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in an internet facing solution
- Object oriented fundamentals (OOA, OOD, OOP)
- Basic understanding of SQL and database/data warehouse design concepts
- Understand advanced algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
- Experience with Test Driven Development is a plus but not required
- Experience with AWS, Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka or Kinesis is a plus but not required
- Experience with Spark or Databricks is a plus but not required
- Experience with Airflow or Luigi is a plus but not required
- Experience using Data Quality tools such as Amazon Deequ or Great Expectations is a plus but not required
- Experience in Agile Methodology is a plus but not required
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Tech Jobs For You
Returnship: Backend Engineer Summer '22
Collective Health, San Mateo, CA | Lehi, UT | Chicago, IL | Remote