Director of QA
Acorns, Irvine, CA (Option to be remote)
We Want to Help Everyone Invest So we built Acorns.
Director of QA | Acorns
- Automated investing in diversified portfolios, built with help from experts.
- Easy retirement account that allows customers to invest in their future in minutes, no expertise required.
- Banking that invests with every swipe, allows you to invest from each paycheck, and helps customers get paid up to 2 days early
- Investment account for kids, multiple kids included
- Investment bonuses from brands where you shop
- Money news and education on-the-go
As Acorns’ Director of QA, you'll be responsible for guiding the test efforts on Acorns feature-rich mobile apps. You'll manage and mentor a growing team and evangelize quality practices throughout the engineering function.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a first-class quality team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any team gaps.
- Partner with Software Engineering and Product to prioritize, scope and plan product releases
- Define and implement QA practices and processes to ensure the product quality and resilience
- Oversee simultaneous Agile product development projects through the full lifecycle
- Drive initiatives to improve testing at all levels; Develop and implement automated and manual test strategies across multiple platforms such as native mobile, web, API’s, and data pipelines.
- Create a shared vision of product quality and maintain strong cross-functional alignment
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Provide day-to-day leadership for QA team members
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open communication and delivering outcomes.
- Experience in test-driven development, functional test development and performance test harnesses where applicable
- Perform personnel management tasks for a team of quality engineers, including performance reviews, mentoring, and planning each direct report's career growth.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience managing quality assurance and testing activities and/or builds, release management and engineering system and tools, ideally in consumer software such as games, and web services
- 10+ years automating tests and systems for functional testing, load testing and performance
- Hands-on technical experience combined with strong management and communication skills
- Exceptional understanding of QA automation tools and a passion to learn and apply new solutions to business needs
- A proven track record leading teams that have successfully delivered high complexity embedded products on time and with high quality
- Exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Invest spare change from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio. Acorns is the first company to offer micro investing to the world. The proprietary financial engine allows customers to roundup spare change from everyday purchases and invest these sub-dollar amounts into a professionally managed portfolio of index funds. Simply connect any credit or debit card and a checking account, then spend money like you normally do to watch your portfolio grow with the market. It's easy to get started when you can invest any amount, any time with no commissions or minimums. Disclosures available at https://www.acorns.com/disclosures/
Want to learn more about Acorns? Visit Acorns's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.