Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a Senior UX Designer to deliver the customer experience for some of the company’s key digital engagement and optimization products and services. We are looking for innovators; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of design to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Acquia become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences.
You’ll be joining a talented team of designers and researchers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy, demanding group; you and this team are responsible for delivering best-of-breed applications in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment.
Acquia offers fabulous company benefits and a fast paced, highly motivated, enormously fun work environment, not to mention a career with great growth potential.
- Deliver best-in-class user experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.), in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment
- Fully understand and be a strong advocate for the Voice of the Customer
- Lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes, compositions, and assets)
- Translate business and product requirements into visually beautiful concepts and highly-usable responsive experiences. You must be flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- Partner with our UX researchers to test and iterate design concepts
- Along with the team, identify strategic research needs and CX improvement opportunities
- Develop and ensure best design practices and communicate quality expectations across the organization
- Spend time with Acquia customers, prospects, partners, and internal stakeholders to understand user needs and evaluate designs
- Demonstrate a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills
- 7+ years experience
- A thorough understanding of customer experience, user-centered design, with excellent hands-on graphic design skills and an ability to translate user requirements into a design vision and then into an actionable plan to deliver design specifications desired
- Proficiency in software tools such as InVision, Sketch, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Experience with enterprise software development, cloud software, product management, user testing or experience with Drupal will also be a plus
- Experience running workshops
- Experience with designing data visualization and analytics applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize requests, communicate with stakeholders, and meet expected milestones
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment and partnering effectively with Product Management and Engineering stakeholders
- Online portfolio or links to work examples required
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
About us Who is Acquia? Acquia provides the leading cloud platform for building, delivering, and optimizing digital experiences. Global organizations use the Acquia Platform to create a single, powerful digital foundation for delivering world-class customer experiences. With the Acquia Platform, organizations can realize the vision of personalized, contextual, and real-time customer engagement for the right person, at the right time, on the right device. These experiences can be easily deployed and managed at scale, for one to thousands of sites, driving transformative business results at breakthrough speed. That’s why organizations who think ahead like Intuit, Warner Music Group and Stanford University trust Acquia. We provide unmatched expertise and a relentless commitment to your success.
Want to learn more about Acquia? Visit Acquia's website.
Jobs You May Like
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
Product Manager, SmartBuildings
HashiCorp, Remote US/UK/CANADA/NETHERLANDS/FRANCE/GERMANY
Aptos, Monterrey, Mexico
Creative Director, Brand Design
BuzzFeed, New York
Senior Staff Engine Programmer
PlayStation, Bend, OR