Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalised, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Acquia team is looking to hire an additional Database Administrator to support our second-to-none Cloud hosting services. Join a global team of database and systems professionals supporting our world class customers.
- Implementation, Configuration of MySQL database
- Collaborate with our Engineering team to define technical infrastructure environments using MySQL
- Define and document standards and guidelines
- Automate repeatable tasks
- Consult with internal stakeholders; determine requirements and recommend solutions
- Assist in development of systems and procedures affecting database management, design and maintenance
- Evaluate, test and produce recommendations for the selection of DBMS software, data management tools and utilities and replication tools
- Support problem resolution; consult and advise in application design and tuning; plan, organize and execute product benchmarks for threshold and functionality
- Provide guidance, upon occasion, for tuning recommendations on Customer applications
- Provide data administration support of the development and maintenance of production applications
- Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meetings and consulting with application development products
- Performance and Tuning at server and query level
- Production support
- Ability to review technical documentation to verify compliance with client requirements and established architectural standards and guidelines
- Participate in 24x7 on-call support for Priority 1 issues
- Be an escalation resource for Operations team for challenging database-related issues
- Uphold policy guidelines and recommend new/improved guidelines
- Research new technologies for MySQL
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to perform in all of the basic database management skills of database administration, overall architecture, and database analysis
- Provide standardisation and consistency across environments
- Ensure a stable and secure database environment
- MySQL administration
- Experience working with DBAs and development teams
- Production support or technology administration supporting internal systems
- Strong UNIX/LINUX background
- Experience with UNIX Shell scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant DBA experience
- Percona XtraDB Server
- Percona XtraDB Cluster
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with developing automation scripts
- Experience with other database technologies (memcache, redis, RDS, Cassandra, etc.)
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a clear sense of their role, responsibilities, and purpose within a working team.
- Adopts a team approach, acknowledging and appreciating efforts, contributions, and compromises. Recognises the common purpose of the team and respects team decisions.
- Demonstrates integrity by aligning Acquia's values with behaviour.
- Demonstrates that they are more concerned with doing the right thing than being right. Acts courageously and does the right thing, even when it's hard to do.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, colour, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law
About us Who is Acquia? Acquia provides the leading cloud platform for building, delivering, and optimizing digital experiences. Global organizations use the Acquia Platform to create a single, powerful digital foundation for delivering world-class customer experiences. With the Acquia Platform, organizations can realize the vision of personalized, contextual, and real-time customer engagement for the right person, at the right time, on the right device. These experiences can be easily deployed and managed at scale, for one to thousands of sites, driving transformative business results at breakthrough speed. That’s why organizations who think ahead like Intuit, Warner Music Group and Stanford University trust Acquia. We provide unmatched expertise and a relentless commitment to your success.
Want to learn more about Acquia? Visit Acquia's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Support Engineer
Segment, Denver, CO
Global Operations Associate
Flexport, Amsterdam, NL
Contracts Manager, Named Accounts
Okta, Bellevue, WA
Ecommerce Program Manager, Supply Chain
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer - Security
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Optical Manager, Warby Parker Green Room
Warby Parker, Los Angeles, CA