Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalised, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About Acquia Professional Services
The foundation of our organisation is built upon the knowledge base of our employees. Acquia Professional Services employs the most experienced Drupalists worldwide. Our team has a complete understanding, not only of Drupal, but how Drupal can become your solution to constructing beautiful digital experiences. While we have our own blueprint for implementing these experiences we are completely flexible and can customize our approach to most enterprise requirements. What makes us different from other organisations is our expertise, handling of organisational transformation, and our focus on education.
You get to guide and drive technical application design for Acquia customers and lead technical teams of some of the best talent in the Drupal and web development communities (from both Acquia and from our top-notch partners around the world). You will help Acquia’s clients across all vertical industries including government, consumer goods, pharma, gaming and media to make the most of the power of Drupal and open source.
Acquia’s team of Drupal rock stars is helping our customers build killer web experiences, migrate to Drupal, tune and improve their Drupal implementations, and advise on all things Drupal and web architecture. With the rapid adoption of Drupal as a web platform, and with our growing number of Acquia-led technical development projects supporting our clients and partners, our Technical Architects are in high demand. They work with some of the most talented technologists and some of the hottest web properties on leading-edge web development projects. Engagements vary by customer and can include anything from custom coding and mentoring of partner and client teams to application design and ongoing guidance on architecture through development and application launch.
- Prior experience building, leading and architecting Drupal applications
- Ability to guide technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners and Acquia stakeholders
- Ability to perform complex Drupal development tasks including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
- Experience defining and scope a technical solution for large-scale Drupal projects
- Experience working in a consulting or agency environment with direct interaction with enterprise level clients preferred
- Excellent ability to partner with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping us build a hot and growing start-up.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching small/mid-sized teams.
- Deep experience architecting web solutions.
- PHP coding, SQL administration and optimisation, and Unix/Linux or Windows server administration is key
- Experience developing Drupal applications.
- Must be a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of or experience with other CMS technologies and/or open-source technologies is a plus
- Long-time Drupalists, that are active contributors, are well rewarded, but we’ll also help great developers and consultants become one
- Experience providing technical support or consulting strongly preferred
- Strong problem-solving abilities, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
Leadership Skills and Abilities:
- Understands how their function contributes to the strategic direction of the business and makes valuable contributions.
- Solves problems effectively by gathering insight from Employees to ensure that they have all of the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them and supporting them in the right balance.
- Seeks to identify, analyse and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct. Looks for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem. Weighs pros and cons of actions. Differentiates when to or when not to escalate issues.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues.
About us Who is Acquia? Acquia provides the leading cloud platform for building, delivering, and optimizing digital experiences. Global organizations use the Acquia Platform to create a single, powerful digital foundation for delivering world-class customer experiences. With the Acquia Platform, organizations can realize the vision of personalized, contextual, and real-time customer engagement for the right person, at the right time, on the right device. These experiences can be easily deployed and managed at scale, for one to thousands of sites, driving transformative business results at breakthrough speed. That’s why organizations who think ahead like Intuit, Warner Music Group and Stanford University trust Acquia. We provide unmatched expertise and a relentless commitment to your success.
Want to learn more about Acquia? Visit Acquia's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Finance
Harbor, San Francisco, CA
Systems Analyst - Unix/Windows
Visa, Ashburn VA, US
Senior Research Services Project Manager
Quality Control Integrated Operations Sr. Analyst
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Solutions Architect (Denver)