Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking Quality Assurance Tester to join the Customer Success Delivery team. QA Engineer will work closely with multiple scrum teams to provide quality sprint deliveries to our maintenance clients. This role will be responsible for ensuring high-quality site updates and client satisfaction with demonstrated results (prior to release)
- Manually test Drupal platform new features & bugs across multiple projects.
- Follow manual and automated testing best practices in testing of features and bugs as part of development lifecycle.
- Work with scrum teams (Scrum Master, Developer(s), Technical Architect, Service Delivery Manager) to review and understand incoming work items and estimate time appropriately
- Work with developers and technical architects to identify test scenarios, validate approaches, resolve identified issues, etc.
- Identify additional items for backlog consideration ("think outside the box").
- Previous experience with content management systems and working on agile projects is preferred.
- Knowledge on the process of creating, editing or modifying templates for CMS and Web development frameworks.
- Proactively raise concerns to internal management related to quality, project allocations, etc.
- Estimate the amount of work required to deliver requirements.
- Manage metrics and reports of project quality for ongoing review with Project Manager and stakeholders.
- Any team & people management experience will be desirable
- Experience testing functionality on web-based platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Key Requirements :
- Experience with manual and automated testing tools and frameworks such as BrowserStack, CrossBrowser Testing, Selenium and Behat; Experience with test case management tools such as Zephyr preferred.
- Keen attention to detail, with the ability to break down customer requirements into logical test scenarios covering functional & non-functional aspects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skilled at collaborating with team members and partners in a matrixed environment.
- Flexible and able to deal with frequently shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, with an ability to collaborate asynchronously in a multi-time zone environment.
- Experience and interest in automated testing and continuous integration a plus.
- Experience and interest in Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban, with tools such as JIRA a plus.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Understands how their function contributes to the strategic direction of the business and makes valuable contributions.
- Solves problems effectively by gathering insight from Employees to ensure that they have all of the information they need for accurate analysis and consideration, involving them and supporting them in the right balance.
- Seeks to identify, analyze and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct. Looks for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem. Weighs pros and cons of actions. Differentiates when or when not to escalate issues.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to team and colleagues.
- Ability to audit QA areas across multiple projects/programs.
- Holds QA process certifications, ideally ISTQB - not a requirement but an advantage.
- Experience in testing for responsive design across multiple devices & browsers.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
About us Who is Acquia? Acquia provides the leading cloud platform for building, delivering, and optimizing digital experiences. Global organizations use the Acquia Platform to create a single, powerful digital foundation for delivering world-class customer experiences. With the Acquia Platform, organizations can realize the vision of personalized, contextual, and real-time customer engagement for the right person, at the right time, on the right device. These experiences can be easily deployed and managed at scale, for one to thousands of sites, driving transformative business results at breakthrough speed. That’s why organizations who think ahead like Intuit, Warner Music Group and Stanford University trust Acquia. We provide unmatched expertise and a relentless commitment to your success.
Want to learn more about Acquia? Visit Acquia's website.
Jobs You May Like
Pre-sales Engineer (Paris - France) FR
Training Manager - Manufacturing and Operations
Freshly, Savage, MD
Professional Services, Senior Analyst (Pleasanton)
Medallia, Pleasanton, CA, USA
Global Retention Manager
Patient Support Coordinator
Heal, Los Angeles, CA
Food Safety & Quality Assurance Supervisor
Home Chef, 2200 Lithonia Industrial Blvd. Lithonia, GA 30058