Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We are defining the present and future of digital experiences on the internet. We build, deploy, monitor and support the world’s largest and most complex digital experiences and websites. Headquartered in Boston, we are characterized by growth, success, energy, challenge and a great team. As the leader in site design, creation, deployment and management, we are defining the platform services market of the future. From highly scalable architectures to personalization to managing thousands of sites for a company’s brands, we support thousands of customers ranging from large enterprises to small businesses.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a Vice President of Engineering with experience and passion for building and leading high performing complex engineering organizations. You must have a deep and proven track record of leading technology teams with a focus on operational excellence. The Vice President will be responsible for a large, geographically diverse organization supporting a complex, high performance “Platform as a Service” offering. The Vice President will be responsible for managing, developing and recruiting world class engineering teams.
- Manage onshore, offshore, contract, and partner personnel
- Mentor staff, oversee team career development
- Budget for resource allocation, tooling, and 3rd-party services
- Provide program oversight to ensure teams are delivering according to expectations
- Set objectives (with dates and key results), and perform quarterly and annual reviews of direct reports against those objectives with a focus on accountability
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and concepts, PaaS, IaaS, and AWS
- Proven ability to break down a strategic roadmap into a focused series of wins that the team can rally around
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects in parallel and to deliver on plan
- Experience recruiting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comp Sci or engineering degree with 10+ years Engineering management experience (or 12+ years engineering management experience)
- Managed at least three teams concurrently and at least 25 people
- Demonstrable situational problem solving capacity
- Strong bias for action. Quality and security are key.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
About us Who is Acquia? Acquia provides the leading cloud platform for building, delivering, and optimizing digital experiences. Global organizations use the Acquia Platform to create a single, powerful digital foundation for delivering world-class customer experiences. With the Acquia Platform, organizations can realize the vision of personalized, contextual, and real-time customer engagement for the right person, at the right time, on the right device. These experiences can be easily deployed and managed at scale, for one to thousands of sites, driving transformative business results at breakthrough speed. That’s why organizations who think ahead like Intuit, Warner Music Group and Stanford University trust Acquia. We provide unmatched expertise and a relentless commitment to your success.
Want to learn more about Acquia? Visit Acquia's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lyft, San Francisco
Climb, New York
Senior Program Manager - Engineering Education
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Platform Tooling
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Accenture, CA - San Francisco, USA