Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia’s Information Security team is seeking an experienced Risk & Controls leader to work in our Boston, MA office. As a leader of the Information Security - Risk & Compliance team the Director, Risk & Compliance will oversee, coordinate efforts, and provide direction to the project managers in the IT sub departments including Information Technology, Enterprise Applications, and Information Security.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of security compliance processes, excellent project management skills, demonstrated an ability to run multiple, large initiatives simultaneously, and be a superb manager who will achieve results while maintaining a high velocity of activity across the compliance program. The ideal candidate will be experienced with agile development methodologies and able to drive agile processes throughout the compliance teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the organization’s existing and prospective Information Security, Compliance and Privacy programs in accordance with industry standards and requirements, which includes, but is not limited to, ISO 27001, SOC 1 & 2, PCI-DSS, FedRAMP, HIPAA, EU Data Privacy and others.
- Oversee ongoing adherence to Information Security, Compliance and Privacy programs in accordance with industry standards and requirement to ensure ongoing alignment with emerging laws, regulations, etc.
- Identify and remain current with industry requirements and regulatory changes that will affect IT/IS technologies, policies and procedures and recommend appropriate changes to ensure ongoing alignment with Information Security, Compliance and Privacy program requirements
- Collaborate closely with other departments to ensure that these requirements are met
- Manage senior Information Security staff and provide Information Security, Compliance and Privacy leadership
- Act as an advocate and liaison of Information Security, Compliance and Privacy programs across the organization
- Prepare reports and performance metrics for senior management
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties or vendors for the execution of projects
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed
- Develop detailed Information Security project plans to track compliance statuses
- Identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk. Facilitate the formulation of corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues
- Appraise and communicate control strengths and weaknesses with audit, IT management and business unit staff in order to plan an effective and efficient integrated audit approach and remediation plan
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent prior work experience in a related field
- Five to eight years experience in an Information Technology field, preferably working in PaaS and/or SaaS, with at least ten years in Information Security in an enterprise setting
- Demonstrated competency in information security management for a cross-functional environment and with the proven ability to lead security and technical teams as required
- Deep understanding of information security risk management frameworks such as ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST, etc.
- Current Information Security Certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, or related security certification) preferred or the ability to attain one within six months of hire
- Experience in creating and maintaining management schedules to ensure on-time delivery of information security projects
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Strong understanding of security products and concepts such as firewalls, VPNs, IDSs and other security devices
- Prior public audit experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting and overseeing a FedRamp program
- Working knowledge of US and EU Data Privacy protection requirements and Safe Harbor
- An understanding of applicable federal, state, and local regulations as well as maintain current training and knowledge of applicable Information Security, Compliance and Privacy program requirements
- Solid analytical skills and the ability to evaluate the business and financial aspects of existing and future technologies
- Project management skills and the ability to analyze pending assignments to establish priorities and/or multi-task
- Ability to cultivate good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to engender trust and confidence in Acquia’s risk/governance/compliance/security efforts
Skills and Attributes:
- Leadership: You’re able to lead cross-functional teams, realize new opportunities, and succeed against aggressive goals.
- Influence: Define and present innovative ideas to the executive team and get buy-in to support your big ideas.
- Results-Oriented: Able to drive to exceed goals, execute consistently, and deliver outstanding results.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
About us Who is Acquia? Acquia provides the leading cloud platform for building, delivering, and optimizing digital experiences. Global organizations use the Acquia Platform to create a single, powerful digital foundation for delivering world-class customer experiences. With the Acquia Platform, organizations can realize the vision of personalized, contextual, and real-time customer engagement for the right person, at the right time, on the right device. These experiences can be easily deployed and managed at scale, for one to thousands of sites, driving transformative business results at breakthrough speed. That’s why organizations who think ahead like Intuit, Warner Music Group and Stanford University trust Acquia. We provide unmatched expertise and a relentless commitment to your success.
Want to learn more about Acquia? Visit Acquia's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Dallas, TX
Senior Backend Engineer
First Look Media, New York, NY
Software Development Engineer - Customer Service and Tools
Software Automation Test Engineer (SDET)
Bluebeam, Inc., Pasadena
Senior Software Engineer - Applications
Paxata, Redwood City
Lead Full Stack Software Engineer
Classy, San Diego HQ