Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
The DevOps engineer is responsible for crafting and delivering secure and highly available solutions. You will be a critical part of a team passionate about ensuring our critical services are ready and stress tested. You should be comfortable tackling new challenges, defining potential solutions and implementing designs in a team environment. This position will be expected to both guide and support the team’s growth and learning.
As the Devops Engineer, you will…
- The DevOPS partners closely with Engineering, Support, and OPS. We are responsible for the design, deployment, and continuous operation of the AgilOne platform.
- You will take our existing platform to the next level with CI/CD, automated diagnostics/scaling/healing, and more.
- You will work on a team responsible for a blend of architecture, automation, development, and application administration.
- You will develop and deploy solutions from the infrastructure, to the network, and application layers, on public cloud platforms.
- You will ensure our SaaS platform is available and performing, and that we can notice problems before our customers.
- You will build the tools to improve speed, confidence and visibility of our SaaS deployments.
- You will help build security into every step of the software & infrastructure life cycle.
- You will collaborate with Support and Engineering on customer issues, as needed.
- Building and maintaining re-deployable cloud and on-premise infrastructure;
- Working with distributed data infrastructure, including containerization and virtualization tools, to enable unified engineering and production environments;
- Developing dashboards, monitors, and alerts to increase situational awareness of the state of our production issues/sla/security incidents.
- Independently conceiving and implementing ways to improve development efficiency, code reliability, and test fidelity.
- You will participate in a periodic on-call rotation
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Must have strong reading and writing SQL and query tuning skills.
- Must have experience with virtualization technologies, Kubernetes, docker, and jenkins.
- Must be comfortable with common configuration management & orchestration tools. Experience with or ability to learn Ansible, and AWS/GCP services & APIs.
- Experience deploying, tuning, and maintaining Linux-based, highly available, fault-tolerant web platforms in public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- A DevOps mentality.
- The drive to address traditional operations problems through automation.
- Familiarity with a modern programming language. Previous experience or an ability to learn Go lang, Python and Linux shell scripting
- Enjoy learning new tools, and languages.
- Enjoy a collaborative environment.
- High attention to detail and strong customer service
- The ability to dig deep into infrastructure and code to address problems.
- A hardworking self-starter with a commitment to learning, customer empathy, and team communication.
- A Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or experience in software engineering or a related field
Extra credit if you…
- Standard methodologies in infosec, SOC 2, HIPAA preferred.
- Knowledge of Big data technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Yarn, Zookeeper
- Familiarity with common monitoring, log aggregation and metrics gathering platforms (Nagios, Sensu, Splunk, Sumologic et al.)
You’ll enjoy this role if you have…
- Previous built or was involved in building a CI/CD Pipeline: +5 years
- Continuous delivery/integration tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker, Artifactory): +5 years
- Hands-on Unix/Linux knowledge: +5 years
- Writing build scripts using Python, Terraform, Unix Shell (bash,ksh): +5 years
- DevOps and/or build & release experience including delivery: +5 years
- Automation/configuration management using Ansible: +3 years
- Software Configuration Management tools: +3 years
- DB/Data Platforms: Aurora/Mysql: +3 years
- AWS capabilities and architecture: +3 years
- Modern application monitoring tools: +2 years
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.
About us Who is Acquia? Acquia provides the leading cloud platform for building, delivering, and optimizing digital experiences. Global organizations use the Acquia Platform to create a single, powerful digital foundation for delivering world-class customer experiences. With the Acquia Platform, organizations can realize the vision of personalized, contextual, and real-time customer engagement for the right person, at the right time, on the right device. These experiences can be easily deployed and managed at scale, for one to thousands of sites, driving transformative business results at breakthrough speed. That’s why organizations who think ahead like Intuit, Warner Music Group and Stanford University trust Acquia. We provide unmatched expertise and a relentless commitment to your success.
Want to learn more about Acquia? Visit Acquia's website.
The best bed for better sleep