Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
About the team you will be on…
Acquia's DevOps Engineer will interact with one of Acquia’s largest customers. You will work with a collaborative team to manage and maintain a unique and custom infrastructure. You will look for new ways to solve complex customer use cases. Using a security first mindset, you’ll improve the infrastructure and make enhancements as needed and requested by the customer.
As a DevOps engineer you will...
- Manage and maintain our AWS infrastructure including EKS, ECS, CloudFormation, RDS, and ElastiCache
- Design and implement service discovery on Kubernetes
- Maintain and improve the container registry for storing container images
- Maintain and improve Ingress controller for application load balancing (path/host)
- Maintain and improve container security architecture
- Define container rollouts and roll backs plans
- Maintain and improve container log management architecture
- Maintain and improve service health monitoring and alerting architecture
- Add new features and functionality to Kubernetes e. g Service Mesh, CNI etc. based on request
- Work on Jira tickets assigned for any particular task and update upon task completion. Examples include: running security scans, adding users, updating software to most recent versions.
- Contribute to our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services
- Maintain and document an understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a strong focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- Collaborate with your team members to review their work and have your work reviewed in turn
- Work with other teams in deciding, developing integrations with other subsystems
- Participate in Scrum software development lifecycle
- Provide product support to internal and external stakeholders
- Work in a team environment where your team owns and operates the services you build
- Extensive experience managing Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, and Amazon Linux 2) systems
- Experience administering MySQL databases
- Built and configured Kubernetes Infrastructure on AWS
- 5+ years of experience in software development with the majority spent working on Cloud technologies
- Have expert hands on experience in at least one Object Oriented Programming Language, PHP preferred
- Have strong hands on experience with leveraging and/or managing distributed logging, monitoring and observability systems (e.g. SignalFx, SumoLogic, Splunk, New Relic, CloudWatch, Nagios)
- Have strong hands-on experience building and operating distributed systems and/or service oriented architectures
- Have hands on experience with design patterns; writing clean, maintainable code
- Have scripting experience in Bash/Python/Ruby and are comfortable navigating unix/linux based operating systems
- Have some experience with Devops processes and tools (Jenkins), distributed configuration management systems (Ansible) and maintaining infrastructure as code (Cloudformation)
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Have great team collaboration and leadership skills
- Security first mindset throughout all decisions
- Must be willing to work US East Coast hours, plus after hours support as needed for maintenance windows and any critical outages
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
About us Who is Acquia? Acquia provides the leading cloud platform for building, delivering, and optimizing digital experiences. Global organizations use the Acquia Platform to create a single, powerful digital foundation for delivering world-class customer experiences. With the Acquia Platform, organizations can realize the vision of personalized, contextual, and real-time customer engagement for the right person, at the right time, on the right device. These experiences can be easily deployed and managed at scale, for one to thousands of sites, driving transformative business results at breakthrough speed. That’s why organizations who think ahead like Intuit, Warner Music Group and Stanford University trust Acquia. We provide unmatched expertise and a relentless commitment to your success.
Want to learn more about Acquia? Visit Acquia's website.
Sweat in good company