Associate Engineer (1089)
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration -- giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking an Associate Software Engineer who can help revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services. As a Software Engineer, you will be working on core internal systems, tooling and automation. You will work with your fellow engineers, Product Engineering, Operations and Customer Success teams to identify inefficiencies in our current services and processes, then implement changes to streamline or automate remediation.
As a software engineer, you will…
- Develop features that help evolve the technical direction of our engineering services.
- Work in a DevOps-focused team and operate the services you and the team create in accordance with service level objectives.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product Owners.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle including development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Design and execute automated integration tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production on a predictable cadence.
- Produce software documentation for internal teams and our customers.
- Provide product support to stakeholders.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Like solving challenges for scalable, low latency systems
- Enjoy solutioning for a Cloud native environment
- Enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Have a passion for DevOps
The ideal candidate…
- Academic Qualifications: B.E, B.Tech, M.Tech or equivalent Computer Science or Information Technology degrees
- Has knowledge of object oriented programming languages such as PHP or Ruby
- Has exposure to scripting languages e.g: Shell/Bash
- Is comfortable working on Linux OS systems like Ubuntu, RHEL or Amazon Linux
- Has used Software Version Control systems like Git
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers on the team.
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only his team but internal stakeholders as well.
- Strives to consistently achieve perfection in work delivered not only for themselves, but for their teammates.
- Is passionate about crafting and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
Extra credit if you have...
- Working knowledge of LAMP stack and demonstrable examples in a Code Repository like Github, Bitbucket etc.
- Working knowledge with Drupal, Composer or Symfony
- Cloud hosting experience such as Amazon Web Services or Google Compute
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture to build scalable, reliable services
- Knowledge of modern containerization systems such as Docker or LXC.
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.
About us Who is Acquia? Acquia provides the leading cloud platform for building, delivering, and optimizing digital experiences. Global organizations use the Acquia Platform to create a single, powerful digital foundation for delivering world-class customer experiences. With the Acquia Platform, organizations can realize the vision of personalized, contextual, and real-time customer engagement for the right person, at the right time, on the right device. These experiences can be easily deployed and managed at scale, for one to thousands of sites, driving transformative business results at breakthrough speed. That’s why organizations who think ahead like Intuit, Warner Music Group and Stanford University trust Acquia. We provide unmatched expertise and a relentless commitment to your success.
Want to learn more about Acquia? Visit Acquia's website.
Sweat in good company
Jobs You May Like
Ad Relevance and Ranking, Machine Learning Engineer (Staff/Sen...
Instacart, San Francisco, CA - Remote