Responsibilities: Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Understand and assess market opportunities within the Independent Wealth Management segment and work with business unit leadership team to develop approach to growing market share, achieving revenue objectives and margin targets.
- Determine, monitor and report on marketing performance measures and apply business discipline to improve the ROI of marketing spend and marketing programs.
- Make recommendations on the mix of segment investment in sales, marketing and business development to optimize business strategy and plan for business unit.
- Represent segment needs and perspectives to product marketing / management; collaborate with other stakeholders to define and evolve the Addepar client lifecycle.
- Sustain and evolve marketing programs (including social media / publicity, advertising, collateral, case studies, whitepapers and events) to engage prospects and clients to increase sales pipeline, help close deals, deepen client loyalty and support retention.
- Work with product and corporate marketing teams to develop messaging, content and campaigns that position Addepar within the segment and highlights key value props.
- Identify, articulate and execute acquisition marketing programs in support of sales, business development and channel management to increase the quality and volume of leads, nurture those opportunities and more efficiently and effectively close business.
- Identify, articulate and execute client loyalty programs in conjunction with client success organization and product marketing to reinforce Addepar value proposition, elevate client engagement and success with full suite of Addepar products and services to help retain clients and where appropriate cross-sell/up-sell services.
- Identify and execute marketing strategies for new segments within the Independent Wealth Management market (such as fund of funds, endowments, foundations).
Responsibilities: Management, Leadership and Collaboration
- Hire and develop a world-class marketing team; be willing and able to kickstart and drive execution of marketing programs to support business while team is being built
- Select and manage marketing agencies, vendors and contractors to support plan.
- Define and manage marketing budget with business unit general manager which includes spend across all marketing activities including search, social, creative production, events, sponsorships and consultants and full time staff on the team.
- Create trusted business relationships and work closely with key functions across the company including sales, business development, client success, product marketing, corporate marketing, biz ops and design to ensure business unit marketing programs are executed efficiently and consistently with other Addepar marketing efforts.
- Bachelor degree, MBA preferred
- 7+ years relevant marketing experience
- Experience leading/managing/developing marketing professionals
- Financial services industry experience preferably in wealth management working with independent advisors, family offices and/or RIAs. Fintech experience highly desirable.
- Self-starter with the ability to make significant progress with minimal direction
- Attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects and hit deadlines successfully
- Ability to make decisions and progress in the face of ambiguity and business change
- Leadership and relationship-building skills including the ability to work with, influence and build consensus across all levels of the organization
- Skilled in operating at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
We’ve built an extraordinary team of engineers, product-innovators, and industry experts fully devoted to creating the operating system for our financial world. And we’ve brought together hundreds of clients, representing over a half-trillion dollars in assets, who believe in our vision of a platform on which all financial information is private and secure, while also being easily, and quickly accessible by the right people. This all seems like common sense. Innovation. Transparency. Access to your data. Allowing for greater financial health for all. But it’s far from how things work today. We’re changing that.