Engineering Manager - Bank Platform
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Affirm: Delivering Honest Financial Products
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for one of Affirm Core Banking functions: Loan Origination and Servicing, Payments and Cash Settlement
- Advance and evolve Affirm Core Banking platform in order to support consumer product innovation, merchants and financial partner integrations, such as loan originators and payment processors.
- Work with tech leads and product managers on architecture and delivery of multiple concurrent initiatives; be responsible for the technical design of the financial features and their execution.
- Work cross-functionally across Affirm engineering organization as well as internal and external stakeholders. The team you are going to lead is the main engineering muscle for the consumer and merchant financial product features and requires broad collaboration and excellent team work ethics in order to execute efficiently.
- Provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team members, develop talent, mentor engineers, recruit and represent Affirm’s hiring brand. Participate in conferences, industry meet-ups, and build close relationships with Affirm financial partners.
What We Look For
- Passion to drive change in consumer banking for the better.
- Solid leadership and communication skills. Experience in managing diverse engineering teams.
- 5-10 years of software engineering experience.
- Expert knowledge of a dynamically typed language -- we primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies.
- Solid CS fundamentals and hands on coding skills.
- Passion for technical and financial problem solving. Experience in working with credit card and ACH networks, as well as knowledge of payment processors integrations is a plus.
- Other preferred domain expertise: banking tech, cross-bank integrations and banking APIs, payment processing or credit card networks knowledge, cash settlements and reconciliations, data pipelines/no-SQL technologies, distributed event driven systems and web services.
Today’s shoppers are more averse than ever to traditional credit—due to decades of compounding interest, hidden fees, and unclear terms. At Affirm, we’re reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Great for Customers
We give customers the flexibility to pay over time for their most important purchases, on a schedule that fits their budget. Affirm financing is quick, simple, and transparent—there are no gimmicks like deferred interest, compounding interest, or late fees, so what shoppers see at checkout is exactly what they’ll pay. Great for Businesses
We stick to the same principles of honesty and simplicity with both consumers and our retail partners. Our integration is seamless, and we provide dedicated support to help you make the most our our partnership. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to realize the “Affirm boost”—increased AOV, conversion, and customer loyalty.
Want to learn more about Affirm? Visit Affirm's website.
Jobs You May Like
Hudson's Bay Company, New York, NY USA
Tech - Java Developer
Exiger, Toronto, Canada
Graduate Software Developer
Desarrolladoras/es Senior - Developers Senior
Software Development Engineer in Test
Merchant Sales Specialist
Paytm Labs, Toronto