(Senior) Software Engineer - Infrastructure/Platform
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Affirm: Delivering Honest Financial Products
What You'll Do
- Build products, systems and tools to handle new Affirm products and business requirements that scale over millions of users, their transactions and secure data.
- Build frameworks and products which will be used by other engineering teams at Affirm.
- Build our fast growing online and offline data infrastructure.
- Build systems which help us in efficient underwriting and fighting fraud.
- Work with product managers, tech leads and other engineers to build Affirm products.
- Collaborate with other Infrastructure teams on security, reliability and automation.
What We Look For
- Extensive experience building and owning large-scale, geographically distributed backend systems.
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
- Python development experience is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- You prefer using, enhancing and contributing to OpenSource solutions than building solutions from ground up.
- Experience with (or want to learn about) operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, concurrency frameworks.
- Unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
- You obsess about keeping costs low while building your products.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Computer Science Degree with industry experience is required.
Today’s shoppers are more averse than ever to traditional credit—due to decades of compounding interest, hidden fees, and unclear terms. At Affirm, we’re reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Great for Customers We give customers the flexibility to pay over time for their most important purchases, on a schedule that fits their budget. Affirm financing is quick, simple, and transparent—there are no gimmicks like deferred interest, compounding interest, or late fees, so what shoppers see at checkout is exactly what they’ll pay. Great for Businesses We stick to the same principles of honesty and simplicity with both consumers and our retail partners. Our integration is seamless, and we provide dedicated support to help you make the most our our partnership. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to realize the “Affirm boost”—increased AOV, conversion, and customer loyalty.
Want to learn more about Affirm? Visit Affirm's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer 1 (IDR Event Sources)
Rapid7, Belfast, UK
Staff Software Engineer
Treasure Data, Mountain View, CA
Blue Star Sports
Blue Star Sports, Plano, TX - Legacy
Senior Manager, SW Engineering
PlayStation, San Diego, CA - Sorrento Valley
Support Engineer, Nashville
Warby Parker, Nashville, TN
Engineering Manager, Backend
Narvar, San Francisco, CA