(Senior) Software Engineer - Site Reliability
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Affirm: Delivering Honest Financial Products
What You'll Do
- Own the metrics and instrumentation infrastructure (Time Series Database, Metrics Streaming, Visualization and Alerting) and provide guidance to platform / product teams on how metrics are generated and consumed. We believe that our metrics data forms the foundation of effective engineering teams.
- Work with other infrastructure and platform engineers to scale our operations globally across multiple AWS regions and cloud providers.
- Relentlessly improve our site performance, latencies and reliability.
- Design and build developer tools to help analyze code performance and fix problems and to debug production issues.
- Working with development teams to ensure that code/features meet production performance criteria.
What We Look For
- Extensive experience building and owning large-scale, geographically distributed backend systems is a plus.
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, databases, and networks.
- You prefer building upon OpenSource solutions to starting from scratch.
- Unquenchable thirst for knowing everything within your platform and learning new technologies.
- You obsess about performance and metrics.
- Python and Linux experience is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- Computer Science Degree with industry experience is required.
Today’s shoppers are more averse than ever to traditional credit—due to decades of compounding interest, hidden fees, and unclear terms. At Affirm, we’re reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Great for Customers We give customers the flexibility to pay over time for their most important purchases, on a schedule that fits their budget. Affirm financing is quick, simple, and transparent—there are no gimmicks like deferred interest, compounding interest, or late fees, so what shoppers see at checkout is exactly what they’ll pay. Great for Businesses We stick to the same principles of honesty and simplicity with both consumers and our retail partners. Our integration is seamless, and we provide dedicated support to help you make the most our our partnership. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to realize the “Affirm boost”—increased AOV, conversion, and customer loyalty.
Want to learn more about Affirm? Visit Affirm's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Engineer
SquareTrade, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer
Endurance International Group, Salt Lake City, Utah
Senior Mobile Applications Engineer
Stockpile, Palo Alto, CA
Test Developer - Student Position(3 days a week)
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
SquareTrade, San Francisco