What You'll Do
- Work on a small (but growing!) team as an integral part of capital markets strategy decision-making
- Lead diligence processes to help financing counterparties understand Affirm’s assets and business in order to receive, evaluate, and provide feedback on term sheet proposals
- Build detailed asset analyses from robust data sets (Python, R or SQL) to compile diligence materials for potential and existing investors
- Build financial models to analyze and interpret the impact of various debt funding strategies while working in the context of the broader corporate model
- Collaborate with internal and external counsel to structure and negotiate definitive documentation with financing counterparties
- Partner cross-functionally with our Engineering, Product, Sales and Marketing, Servicing, and Risk teams to drive strategy and optimize tactics as it relates to capital markets
- Help build relationships with existing and potential investors through introductory meetings (phone/conferences), due diligence sessions, and data requests
- Keep up with the consumer lending industry through research reports and issuer pricing releases
What We Look For
- 1-2 years of relevant industry experience with financial modeling (e.g. investment banking, private equity, hedge funds) or legal negotiation/documentation ("recovering" lawyers)
- Asset-backed financing, FIG / Fintech coverage and/or credit experience is a plus
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience
- Basic understanding of a lending P&L and various capital structures
- Experience using SQL, Python, R or another statistical programming language preferred
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a bank!
Today’s shoppers are more averse than ever to traditional credit—due to decades of compounding interest, hidden fees, and unclear terms. At Affirm, we’re reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Great for Customers
We give customers the flexibility to pay over time for their most important purchases, on a schedule that fits their budget. Affirm financing is quick, simple, and transparent—there are no gimmicks like deferred interest, compounding interest, or late fees, so what shoppers see at checkout is exactly what they’ll pay. Great for Businesses
We stick to the same principles of honesty and simplicity with both consumers and our retail partners. Our integration is seamless, and we provide dedicated support to help you make the most our our partnership. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to realize the “Affirm boost”—increased AOV, conversion, and customer loyalty.
Want to learn more about Affirm? Visit Affirm's website.
Jobs You May Like
Real Estate Lead (Germany)
Knotel, Knotel Munich