What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Sr. Product Designers to design features in accordance with your team's roadmap.
- Effectively manage your time and process to meet team deadlines.
- Rapidly ideate and validate designs through sketches, prototypes, and testing.
- Determine the information architecture and flows for your product features.
- Create high-fidelity visuals and specifications for your final solutions.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Work closely with User Research to help synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions and build even greater understanding of and empathy for our customers.
- Solicit feedback early and often from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team. Participate in weekly design critiques with larger Product Design team.
- Help maintain our design system with other product designers, and advocate for scalable design solutions.
What We Look For
- B.A/B.S. in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field/equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a depth of knowledge in user experience, interaction, and visual/user interface design.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience in shipping high quality product experiences.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers and Sr. Product Designers to execute on design deliverables.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience in validating design decisions through user/usability research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Today’s shoppers are more averse than ever to traditional credit—due to decades of compounding interest, hidden fees, and unclear terms. At Affirm, we’re reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Great for Customers We give customers the flexibility to pay over time for their most important purchases, on a schedule that fits their budget. Affirm financing is quick, simple, and transparent—there are no gimmicks like deferred interest, compounding interest, or late fees, so what shoppers see at checkout is exactly what they’ll pay. Great for Businesses We stick to the same principles of honesty and simplicity with both consumers and our retail partners. Our integration is seamless, and we provide dedicated support to help you make the most our our partnership. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to realize the “Affirm boost”—increased AOV, conversion, and customer loyalty.
Want to learn more about Affirm? Visit Affirm's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cinematographer - (Contract)
Rooster Teeth, Austin, TX
Senior Product Designer - Creation
Smule, San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Designer - Metro
Strava, San Francisco, CA
Brand Value Accelerator, San Diego
Part Time Visual Design Instructor
General Assembly, Boston
Prop Styling Intern, Fall 2018
Birchbox, New York