Director, Marketing Analytics
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Affirm: Delivering Honest Financial Products
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive marketing program with analytical rigor in close strategic partnership with the Marketing organization
- Lead and scale a team of high performing analysts, leads and managers. Develop the team through technical and strategic skillset
- Partner with the Data and Martech Platform teams to guide marketing technology investments and data infrastructure initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with various teams - Marketing, Commercial, Product, Risk, Engineering, Legal, Compliance etc.
- Drive acquisition and engagement of Consumers and Merchants in a two-sided platform
- Partner with Marketing team leads to drive Consumer Growth, Merchant Growth, Performance Marketing, Web/SEO, Social, Merchant Co-marketing programs
- Oversee the design, execution, and analysis of A/B and multivariate tests to enable data-driven decision making
- Build measurement frameworks to determine the return on marketing investments
- Develop expertise and build marketing dataset and work on data governance
- Build segmentation and target audience for various campaigns.
- Develop next generation mathematical models in close partnership with Data Science
- Develop dashboards for consumption by executive teams and cross-functional leaders
- Carry out data deep dives and analysis to gather insights and present to marketing and executive teams
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Passion and drive to disrupt both the retail and lending industry for the better through honest financial products
- 8-10+ years of experience in an analytically rigorous role, and preferably 5+ years of marketing analytics experience with a strong foundation in statistics, behavioral psychology, and/or experimentation
- Experienced people manager with demonstrated ability to develop and lead large teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally in team environments.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to influence broader company agenda.
- Strong understanding of the full range of online marketing channels, how they work, how they can be integrated, and how to evaluate them
- Ability to derive strong insight and provide decision support for various channels- SEM, SEO, Email, Display, Push Notifications, Affiliates, App
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Masters degree in statistics, management, engineering, operations research desired
- Proficiency with SQL, reporting tools (Looker) a plus
- Experience with Python, or other statistical scripting languages a plus
- Humility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates
Today’s shoppers are more averse than ever to traditional credit—due to decades of compounding interest, hidden fees, and unclear terms. At Affirm, we’re reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Great for Customers
We give customers the flexibility to pay over time for their most important purchases, on a schedule that fits their budget. Affirm financing is quick, simple, and transparent—there are no gimmicks like deferred interest, compounding interest, or late fees, so what shoppers see at checkout is exactly what they’ll pay. Great for Businesses
We stick to the same principles of honesty and simplicity with both consumers and our retail partners. Our integration is seamless, and we provide dedicated support to help you make the most our our partnership. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to realize the “Affirm boost”—increased AOV, conversion, and customer loyalty.