Senior Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Affirm: Delivering Honest Financial Products
What you'll do
- Be an owner: You'll drive and execute on the diversity, equity and inclusion (“DEI”) program strategy and operational plan; ensure it scales and continues to meet the needs of our evolving population.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and drive impact:
- You will develop engaging, creative, and impactful DEI experiences to improve individual and organizational performance.
- Develop and track key performance indicators; measure and evaluate the efficacy of our DEI programs; utilize data to iterate on a strategy that will drive meaningful change. Build and socialize business cases that demonstrate program impact and efficacy.
- Improve existing internal programs and communication by integrating a DEI point of view and messages that influence and drive a culture of inclusion.
- Build highly effective programs:
- You'll provide exceptional program management support, including: keeping partners appropriately engaged and up-to-date; actively resolving project, design, or resource issues; collaborating with cross-functional partners.
- Partner closely with Learning & Development stakeholders to ensure that in addition to our diversity & inclusion specific trainings, that all learning programs are inclusive and are applied with a diversity & inclusion lens.
- Act as first level of program support for key partners and employee questions related to philosophy, guidance, data and policy – advancing to Director, People Operations where appropriate.
- Manage all DEI related operations, including vendor management, project budgeting, planning, logistics management, surveys & related action planning, communications, employee/manager/ally tools, resources and calendar.
- Enable our Employees:
- You will collaborate with our People Business Partners, Onboarding/Engagement/Learning & Development partners, ERG leaders, and business leaders to understand DEI needs, assess opportunities, and recommend solutions/policies/practices that fit with the broader DEI strategy.
- Grow, educate and support DEI Executive Sponsors and DEI Employee Resource Group Leaders.
- Champion Affirm’s Employee Resource Groups by ensuring effective governance, support, budget allocation, and a central DEI point of contact
- Assess, negotiate, and lead partnerships with external diversity organizations to provide DEI tools and resources.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure effective approvals and feedback loops are in place.
What we look for
- 8+ years of corporate business experience with 3+ years of experience working on DEI related initiatives with demonstrated evidence of impact and progress within the space.
- Experience advising and influencing leaders/executives on DEI initiatives.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to draw energy and support from others to get things done, create leverage, and mobilize internal advocates.
- Ability to thrive and apply sound judgement in a face-paced environment with quickly changing business needs.
- Ability to integrate multiple datasets to create a cohesive recommendation and plan.
- Strong business insight, judgement, empathy, team orientation, and collaborative style.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information.
Today’s shoppers are more averse than ever to traditional credit—due to decades of compounding interest, hidden fees, and unclear terms. At Affirm, we’re reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Great for Customers
We give customers the flexibility to pay over time for their most important purchases, on a schedule that fits their budget. Affirm financing is quick, simple, and transparent—there are no gimmicks like deferred interest, compounding interest, or late fees, so what shoppers see at checkout is exactly what they’ll pay. Great for Businesses
We stick to the same principles of honesty and simplicity with both consumers and our retail partners. Our integration is seamless, and we provide dedicated support to help you make the most our our partnership. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to realize the “Affirm boost”—increased AOV, conversion, and customer loyalty.