What You'll Do
- Assess brand, compliance, fraud and financial risk and determine credit exposure risk on new and existing merchants to determine an appropriate course of action
- Use business credit reports, financial statements, investigative research tools, and financial market data to conduct financial and non-financial risk assessment of Affirm’s merchants as they are prospected, signed, and on-boarded by Affirm’s Sales teams. Merchants can come in various sizes - from large enterprises to small/medium businesses to small/casual sellers
- Investigate and use new sources of third party data to assess merchant financial risk
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of credit, fraud, and dispute/chargeback trends by merchants in order to detect changes and anomalies from expected performance. Work closely with our Account Managers and other teams to manage anomalies as they come up
- Business Process Improvement: Leverage your knowledge to provide guidance towards the automation/improvements of merchant risk evaluation. Work with different members of Affirm to evolve seller risk management.
What We Look For
- The ideal candidate has working knowledge and some (~2) years of experience in assessing merchant risk in a function such as Merchant/Seller Risk Management, Fraud, or Merchant Underwriting at a Payments or E-Commerce technology company or an acquiring bank
- Experience reviewing financial statements and/or payment processor statements
- Ownership Mentality: Demonstrate an appropriate sense of accountability, ownership, urgency, and execution
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate points of view on complex and challenging topics professionally with supporting rationale; ability to communicate complex and sensitive information to cross-functional stakeholders with appropriate clarity and discretion
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Today’s shoppers are more averse than ever to traditional credit—due to decades of compounding interest, hidden fees, and unclear terms. At Affirm, we’re reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Great for Customers
We give customers the flexibility to pay over time for their most important purchases, on a schedule that fits their budget. Affirm financing is quick, simple, and transparent—there are no gimmicks like deferred interest, compounding interest, or late fees, so what shoppers see at checkout is exactly what they’ll pay. Great for Businesses
We stick to the same principles of honesty and simplicity with both consumers and our retail partners. Our integration is seamless, and we provide dedicated support to help you make the most our our partnership. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to realize the “Affirm boost”—increased AOV, conversion, and customer loyalty.