What You'll Do
- Manage and develop a team of designers. This requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar for quality.
- Guide the team towards simple and intuitive solutions for our customers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, user research and communication design to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Work closely with product and design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products and services.
- Help define and communicate the design strategy and vision for the company.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Contribute as a designer when necessary.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Gauge performance of individual contributors and have candid conversations focused on helping them improve.
- Take feedback and continuously improve yourself as a design leader.
What We Look For
- Minimum 2 year industry experience in a people management role on a Design team.
- Minimum 5 years of design experience.
- A portfolio of relevant design work (from UX design to visual design systems), executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that showcases your ability to ship successful products that people love.
- A user-centered design approach.
- Highly collaborative, low-ego approach to design.
- Experience working with engineers, product managers, and user researchers to drive strategy, vision, and execution.
- Experience attracting, hiring and retaining top design talent.
- Comfortable managing a wide range of responsibilities at the same time.
Today’s shoppers are more averse than ever to traditional credit—due to decades of compounding interest, hidden fees, and unclear terms. At Affirm, we’re reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Great for Customers We give customers the flexibility to pay over time for their most important purchases, on a schedule that fits their budget. Affirm financing is quick, simple, and transparent—there are no gimmicks like deferred interest, compounding interest, or late fees, so what shoppers see at checkout is exactly what they’ll pay. Great for Businesses We stick to the same principles of honesty and simplicity with both consumers and our retail partners. Our integration is seamless, and we provide dedicated support to help you make the most our our partnership. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to realize the “Affirm boost”—increased AOV, conversion, and customer loyalty.
Want to learn more about Affirm? Visit Affirm's website.
Jobs You May Like
Background Artist - (Contract)
Rooster Teeth, Austin, TX
Manager, Visual Design
Uptake, 600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654 ste 620
Senior Product Designer, Search & Intelligent Experiences
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Digital Interactive Designer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Retail Graphic Designer
Interbrand, Cincinnati, OH
Product Design Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA