As the Connections and Media Activation Lead for EMEA you will be accountable for the ingenuity, effectiveness and efficiency of the Connections plans that are developed and activated across the region in support of our business objectives.
To do this will require close collaboration with teams across Airbnb, both within and outside of the Marketing team. You will be laser focused on outcomes, holding to account both our agencies and co-workers to deliver optimum value for our investments, defining KPIs and tasking those responsible for excellence in activation. You will also have a keen eye on how to best leverage media in order to enhance the creative story, influencing asset production and formats, flagging opportunities and testing new ideas.
You will be able to see the big picture, visualising the impact that the breadth of our activity has on our target audience, and co-create the Connections principles by which we operate, whilst being able to review and advise on the minutiae of our plans.
- Lead the regional relationship with our global media agencies of record.
- Work with the marketing and cross-functional teams based throughout the region to ensure cohesive regional media strategies focused around global go-to-market approaches. Emphasis on optimizing for media efficiency, creative execution, local relevance and campaign objectives.
- Lead EMEA specific campaigns from development of connections strategy through campaign execution and reporting. Areas of focus include connections planning, media mix development, media planning, performance measurement, budget management, online tracking, buy evaluation, and optimization.
- Foster an environment for cross-departmental collaboration by working effectively with Brand Strategy, Product Marketing, Creative, Brand Activation, Finance, Performance Marketing, and Corporate Communication teams.
- Drive in-region communication to ensure campaign execution and performance information is passed to the right stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of new media trends and emerging channels. Identify and prioritize innovation opportunities and bring fresh, creative thinking to ensure Airbnb is leveraging media in the most surprising and provocative ways.
- Provide exceptional team leadership with a focus on clarity of vision and direction, well-defined roles & responsibilities, employee engagement, mentoring, development and retention.
- Passion for travel and all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- 12+ years experience plus relevant education at digital, advertising or media agencies and/or experience managing media at a client business—preferably in the consumer internet space in travel, design, technology, or lifestyle brands.
- A self-starter, you will demonstrate the ability to lead and plan development from beginning to end with little oversight.
- In the clouds and in the weeds - you can think holistically but also ensure the details are addressed.
- In-depth knowledge of the efficacy of all media channels, with a proven track record in offline media along with social and digital media. Deep understanding of market trends and fluency with brand measurement metrics and analytics.
- Passion for understanding the various consumer segments by market and their media behaviors is essential.
- Experience in managing media programs across the EMEA region and evaluating strategic, local media partners. Deep experience in UK and Germany highly desired.
- Ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives across global markets.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Marketing Manager
Greenhouse, San Francisco, CA
Digital Producer, Production and Ops
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Personal Stylist - Part Time ($15 per hour)
Postmates, San Francisco
Sr. Demand Gen Marketing Manager - B2B
Indiegogo, San Francisco
Social Media Analyst
Time Inc., Bengaluru, India