Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About the Role & Team:
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Safety Operations team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and that’s why we’re working so hard to build the world’s most loyal travel community.
Together, our team provides support to more than 100 million lifetime guests and 3 million listings in over 191 countries. We work hard, we laugh a lot, and we’re committed to creating a world where anyone can belong anywhere. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated leader who knows how to motivate and inspire a team in a cutting-edge and fast-paced risk management environment. The Safety Supervisor is responsible for managing the performance and quality of their team, monitoring team performance as measured by agreed-upon service delivery targets and key performance indicators, and mentoring, coaching, and professionally developing the specialists on their team.
What you’ll do:
Building and Nurturing Engaged Teams
- Own and manage end-to-end people strategy and operations within the team. This includes driving onboarding, talent development and people engagement.
- Ensure employee happiness by working with the team to create strong connections and utilise effective communication to help translate the Mission of Airbnb into meaningful and clear goals.
- Support your team in handling urgent, escalated personal safety cases (e.g., domestic violence, sexual assault, suicide, surveillance devices), prioritising wellness and sustainability.
- Lead with empathy to establish approachability in order to care about, support, and challenge the team to meet and exceed expectations.
- Enable professional and personal growth through supporting and challenging your team with feedback, one-on-ones, enabling opportunities, expectation-setting, and other growth tools at your disposal.
- Keep up with day-to-day management duties such as scheduling, shift approval, team and one-on-one meetings, and managing basic HR-related issues (pay/benefits/HR policy enforcement, etc.).
- Manage both team and individual performance and resources to ensure compliance with policies and SLAs.
- Ensure individual team members are held accountable to their performance goals in a fair and equitable manner by setting clear expectations, following-up individually, and coaching team members positively to develop and improve their skills in a tailored way.
- Think critically and constantly evaluate policies and procedures. Work with the team to identify opportunities to improve performance and better optimize processes for the team, region, and global community.
- Lead the team towards the execution of the company and strategic goals following the guidance of the Operations Manager, and collaborate with the OM to develop recommendations for service improvements and regional prioritization.
- Manage the team execution of complex, sensitive, and/or urgent issues that might pose a significant risk to our brand or community. Work with your regional leadership to influence stakeholders and the Safety Service Manager to mitigate risks.
- Serve as Point of Contact for urgent or other sensitive cases within your region, spending time each week working on tickets and other escalated issues to refine subject matter expertise.
- Work closely with fellow global and regional Team Leads in addition to maintaining a strong connection to your cross-functional partners.
- Effectively prioritize the team’s work based on seasonality and the needs of the customers and the business.
- Lead and/or participate in projects outside of the scope of your department, as assigned by your manager.
What you’’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in a safety related field and a minimum of 2 years leading, inspiring and motivating teams to meet operational goals and targets
- Experience in any of the following fields is a plus: Psychology, Social Work, Public Policy, Criminal Justice, Mediation or related
- Strong understanding of evidence based best practice in handling personal safety issues using a trauma informed approach
- Experience managing complex, escalated cases with elevated media or legal risk
- Strong metrics-based performance management skills
- Ability to work and solve problems independently, collaboratively, or through delegation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and execute policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality during investigations
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
File hosting service
Tech Jobs For You
Staff Product Designer, New Verticals
DoorDash, Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; S...