Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
At Airbnb, if there’s anything related to money, it comes to the Payments team. We are building a world-class payments and commerce organization - one that currently supports 191 countries, 70 currencies, connects dozens of payment providers and banks, processes multiple billions of dollars, and empowers more people to participate in our global marketplace.
Who We’re Looking For
First and foremost, we’re looking for people who know and use Airbnb and believe in what we’re trying to accomplish. Airbnb is a marketplace that connects guests and hosts but provides the level of trust needed to enable each transaction. Payments is central to creating that trust, which is why Payments is a core and strategic part of Airbnb.
The Product team is at the center of all of the activity on our team. We play the role of conductor, enhancing our engineers, designers, and data scientists to build great product experiences. Our Payments Product Managers own and lead outcomes related to foundation, growth, and empowerment. This means our PMs set the vision and strategy, the roadmap, and executing on the plans that are developed.
Our Payments organization has five programs:
- Payments platform - facilitating money movement and exchange of value,
- Commerce platform - fueling growth for our business,
- Compliance & Ops - ensuring safe and efficient payment processing,
- Foundation - scaling our systems and infrastructure, and
- Professional Services - ensuring strategic alignment with our business customers.
This role is in the Payments Platform program. We’re looking for a product manager with extensive experience in the payments space - the kind of person who loves the “plumbing” of payments, working with gateways, acquirers, and global processors. The kind of person who loves efficiency, tight operations, and maximizing global acceptance. If that person sounds like you, we’d love to meet!
- 12+ years building payments in a product management role
- Technical background: experience as an engineer, data scientist, payment operations, etc.
- Global perspective - experience with global payment methods outside of credit cards
- Partnerships - experience working with global payment providers, influencing their roadmaps
- Understand the needs of your customers, prioritize, continuously building and iterating
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details
- Ability to create partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization
- Exceptional decision making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?
- Thrives in a startup environment: loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources
- Loves managing and developing product managers, proven builder of successful teams
The starting base pay for this role is between $210,000 and $275,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Sweat in good company